Fr. Jenkins Stepping Down

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Like Swarbrick, doesn’t want the legacy of being ‘the guy’ that led ND to join a conference for all sports (?).  Of course, I’m sure that numerous other reasons are given, but I also suspect he sees the writing on the wall. 

Agreed!

And while I appreciate everything he has done for Notre Dame, it’s time for him to move on and to get someone else in this position that will help move Notre Dame into this new era of College Sports. I mean, it did appear that both Swarbrick and Jenkins were behind the times in this regard.

New and younger blood, with fresh new ideas, that will be a benefit Notre Dame…hopefully! 🤞🏼

• Cheers 1

On 10/14/2023 at 10:38 AM, Baldy said:

Agreed!

And while I appreciate everything he has done for Notre Dame, it’s time for him to move on and to get someone else in this position that will help move Notre Dame into this new era of College Sports. I mean, it did appear that both Swarbrick and Jenkins were behind the times in this regard.

New and younger blood, with fresh new ideas, that will be a benefit Notre Dame…hopefully! 🤞🏼

Well said.

Expanding on what Baldy said, He's grown the endowment while both expanding curriculum and furthering its achievement and research. He gets an A grade on the academic achievement front and a B+ on the football program A- on non revenue sports.

when he took over Notre Dame didn't even have the top ranked schools within the state of Indiana: business premed law etc.. now they're regularly ranked ahead of IU and regarded as a top 15 university in the country.

Now they need leadership who'll focus on getting the football program back to prominence and maintaining great progress on its academics.

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Good.  Now give us someone who will maintain the same national academic superiority but also gives a shit enough about wanting the football team to win some National Championships and will do what needs to be done to make it happen.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...