What are you Looking for against Ohio State?

It's a win.

For the first time in one of these big regular seasons games, ND getting embarrassed is not really a concern of mine. That was definitely a concern for OSU 2022, Clemson 2020, UGA 2019, etc.

Even if OSU puts up 30+ points, ND can hang in there with elite QB and RB play. The OL really needs to step up and give Hartman time in the pocket and open up some holes for Esitme. I think Estime has been playing well behind a good but not great OL - he has made some tremendous individual plays. The WRs obviously need to step up - two of the better CBs ND will face this year. Hoping Jayden Thomas learned a lot from NC State (when he had zero catches) because OSU's CBs are better.

I'm mostly worried about the run defense. Treveyon Henderson is a great RB, but he was limited by injuries last year and has been off to a slow-ish start (although had a great week last week against WKU). I'm obviously also worried about OSU's passing attack, but then I remembered ND largely kept OSU's WRs in check last year with an injured Cam Hart and a true freshman in Morrison (in his first game). McCord looked great last week, so I expect OSU to put up some points. It sounds like OSU's OL is a weak point, so the DL needs to play their best game and the pass rush needs to get home.

Looking for a great atmosphere with a sea of green and not much red. I have no idea if ND's plan to keep OSU fans out will work, but the Athletic Department made that a focus over the summer to try to limit OSU fans getting into the game. Everyone connected seems to think it won't be nearly as bad as UGA 2017 or even Cincinnati 2021. I was at Clemson last year, and I fully expect the atmosphere to be as good but probably better - I'm hoping its USC 2005, which is the loudest game I've ever been to inside ND Stadium. ND needs to start hot to keep the crowd into it and make things tough for OSU.

Should be a great game, and I've got my money on ND.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 2
  • Trophy 1

17 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Leave no doubt.  Leave it all on the field.  Let no one question that the Irish belong at the top.  They're not "that next wrung below the elite."  This is the start of Irish football prominence once again.  Leave.  No.  Fu(king.  Doubt.  GO IRISH

preach GIF by Shalita Grant

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

4 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

I have thought about this one for a while.....I mean, obviously I will be happy with a W and no injuries "but" I live in tO$U hell and I need more.

This is what I want out of the game on Saturday

1) I want my drunk ass neighbors that will have been partying since noon to turn off their TV by halftime (it is a monstrous outdoor TV hooked up to a ridiculous amount of speakers).
2) I want my other neighbors to take down their tO$U flag and stuff it in the same box that they used the last 2 years after getting beat by scUM.
3) Most importantly, I want to be able to fall asleep with my windows open listening to the soothing sounds of crying Buckeye fans.

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

…in hoping this all comes true!

5 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

I have thought about this one for a while.....I mean, obviously I will be happy with a W and no injuries "but" I live in tO$U hell and I need more.

1) I want my drunk ass neighbors that will have been partying since noon to turn off their TV by halftime (it is a monstrous outdoor TV hooked up to a ridiculous amount of speakers).
2) I want my other neighbors to take down their tO$U flag and stuff it in the same box that they used the last 2 years after getting beat by scUM.
3) Most importantly, I want to be able to fall asleep with my windows open listening to the soothing sounds of crying Buckeye fans.

I also want this. All of this. 

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, IrishGuy said:

Absolutely all of this!  I work with a couple and they have made the comments sound so un-biased but the under tones are deafening!   

• Cheers 1

On 9/21/2023 at 4:12 PM, IrishGuy said:

/thread

Same as always. 500 total yards. Around 250 each of running and passing. Usually the yards will lean toward passing and the attempts will be toward rushing.

I want ND to treat this like a normal game. To get where we want to go, beating top 10 teams has to be regular. We never achieved that in the Kelly era. ND won if it was a good matchup or if the QB was sick.

i  Love how Parker does it. Its very Holtzian. First drive come out in 1 back power hand it to Estime. Not because he thinks it will work, but because he wants to know what defense State will play against it. 2nd dive is shotgun 1 back power. Third drive is spread offense. By the 3rd drive, Parker has seen all their defenses and knows what direction to go for the rest of the game.

Defense: See if our man stuff works. If it doesn't make sure our zone defense is ready to tackle a big running back. BLITZ. Gotta be who you are whether Faith likes it or not. Inside out pass rush. Rubios back play  games. We're experienced. The Qbs not. I hope Golden wirtes him a tough exam.

Special Teams. I hope Biagi worked overtime to find a wrinkle this week.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1