Vacation/Beach Spots

Was wondering if you guys have any vacation/beach spots you would recommend?

I live in PA, so we’ve always done the NJ/DE/MD stuff and are looking more in the Florida area.(or any other suggestions). We’ve done VA beach, Myrtle, Outer Banks (some bad memories there and not keen on it). We did Pompano Beach last year, I would not go back on the Atlantic side. Seaweed was terrible and projected to be worse this year. 

Edited by mcgov12
I can’t spell

30 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Outerbanks is a big area, what area did you go to?

Been to OBX a few times…Duck, Corolla, Nags Head, want to say Avon.  Not great memories being there. Not to be a downer but unfortunately lost my old man very unexpectedly while down there in a family vacay.

4 hours ago, GunSlinger said:

I like Myrtle but further south of the downtown.  Check out Hilton Head. 

Nice…our biggest customer does a few days worth of funds/charities/etc for veterans, and it’s in Hilton Head end of April this year. Looking forward to checking that out

4 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Been to OBX a few times…Duck, Corolla, Nags Head, want to say Avon.  Not great memories being there. Not to be a downer but unfortunately lost my old man very unexpectedly while down there in a family vacay.

Sorry to hear that. I always go south of there, atlantic, emerald isle, willington etc

On 3/15/2023 at 8:02 PM, Synoptico said:

Sorry to hear that. I always go south of there, atlantic, emerald isle, willington etc

When I was stationed at Camp Lejeune we went down to Emerald Isle and Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach a lot.  Fantastic area.  Hilton Head is nice too as mentioned.  @mcgov12 If you're looking more Florida west coast check out Fort Myers Beach.  I've been there several times and it is beautiful there.  Unfortunately it was decimated by the big Hurricane last summer, I forget the name.  Call some places to see how the rebuild is going.  If its not in good shape yet head a little north and check out the Clearwater area.  South of Fort Myers is Marco Island.  You really can't go wrong with any of the west coast beaches.  The Gulf is so much nicer than the Atlantic.  

• Cheers 2