Where do you think Michael Mayer gets drafted?

Mayer's draft position?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Mayer's draft position?

• Round 1 picks 1 to 3
    • Round 1 picks 4 to 6
    • Round 1 picks 7 to 9
    • Round 1 picks 10 to 12
    • Round 1 picks 13 to 15
    • Round 1 picks 16 to 18
    • Round 1 picks 19 to 21
    • Round 1 picks 22 to 24
    • Round 1 picks 25 to 27
    • Round 1 picks 28 to 30
    • Round 1 picks 31 to 32
    • Round 2
    • Round 3
    • Round 4 or lower

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2023 at 03:04 AM

@jbrown_9999 Thank you for leading this place like you do.

Mayer is truly the king of the catch radius. Any football he can get his hands on he is catching. He is the safest pick in the draft.

To me, the reason  why he didn't win the Mackey Award was because Brock Bowers sorry if I got his name, TE from UGA has superior speed. 60-70 yard TD catches against playoff teams land you in the top 10 as a tight end. I know Bowers is not in the draft but because tight ends are normally possession receivers and not burners they usually go in the 20s when they are drafted first round. The TE from Florida had elite speed the other year.

For those reasons I chose round 1. 22-24.

• Heart 1

Brock Bowers is a beast.  Mayer is a beast.  If I could only have one, I'd take Bowers.  But, any NFL team will be getting an incredibly great TE with Mayer.  The real question for Mayer isn't who takes him, it's how much will he make after his rookie contract is done.

2 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Brock Bowers is a beast.  Mayer is a beast.  If I could only have one, I'd take Bowers.  But, any NFL team will be getting an incredibly great TE with Mayer.  The real question for Mayer isn't who takes him, it's how much will he make after his rookie contract is done.

Depends on scheme for me. Some times Bowers is a better fit, some Mayer will be

• 1 month later...

From last I can remember Bowers was 2 inches shorter and 30-35 lbs lighter than Mayer. For that alone I would take Mayer. 
Bowers to me is a H-back that is going to have to be specialized. He won’t have the speed advantage that he’s seen on lb’s I. The NFL. He also won’t have the strength advantage being a smaller tight end. Honestly, I’ll be surprised if he stays in the NFL for longer than 5 years. But hey, what the hell do I know. As Synpotico said, schemes matter. 
As for the question asked, I’d say where ever the Patriots pick in the first round. 

1 hour ago, Jersey Irish said:

With the Packers completing the Aaron Rodgers deal with the Jetd and swapping pick 15 for pick 13, I think the Pack will snap him up  there.

I wonder if they'll consider a QB if Levis or Richardson drops to them.