'23 KS OL Joe Otting Commits!

On3 Consensus: 3-star, #689 overall, #64 IOL

247: 3-star, #41 IOL

Rivals: 3-star, NR

On3: 3-star, #43 IOL

Offers: Baylor, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska 

Elijah Paige likely commits this week as well, meaning ND only has one OL spot left. Jagusah and Freeling are the remaining targets - both big time recruits, but ND will only take one, likely Jagusah.

27 minutes ago, irishrush said:

Thoughts on this commitment?   Seems odd we'd bring in possibly 2 lower rated prospects when we are likely to get two more higher rated prospects.

Is this simply they need a center?  Can’t have 15 tackles and no one snap the ball. 

• Leprechaun 1

I really like him as a center. Man is he quick off the ball and pulling. Remember to always evaluate OL/DL in 2 years classes. Very athletic kid that needs weight, but the intangibles are there. Does he develop...time will tell.

42 minutes ago, 1Redrum said:

He was just in camp so they must have liked him. Seems small to me but who knows. 

Correll wasn't huge either.  If HH likes him that's good enough for me.  Get him in the weight room and coach him up at center.

2 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Elijah Paige likely commits this week as well, meaning ND only has one OL spot left. Jagusah and Freeling are the remaining targets - both big time recruits, but ND will only take one, likely Jagusah.

I think they see how it goes with Freeling this weekend.  If he's still not sold, then they likely take Paige.

7 minutes ago, D Fence said:

I think they see how it goes with Freeling this weekend.  If he's still not sold, then they likely take Paige.

Maybe they already took Paige...

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

First and foremost, congrats to Joe Otting!!  That said, I would assume the staff doesn't feel great about Freeling.  I could be very wrong but I don't think Coach Hiestand cares about recruiting rankings and believes he knows better than the recruiting guru's do.  I also don't see Hiestand waiting patiently for recruits to make up their mind if someone else he likes wants to commit.  I really like Jagusah and Freeling and hope they have a spot no matter the time frame.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

First and foremost, congrats to Joe Otting!!  That said, I would assume the staff doesn't feel great about Freeling.  I could be very wrong but I don't think Coach Hiestand cares about recruiting rankings and believes he knows better than the recruiting guru's do.  I also don't see Hiestand waiting patiently for recruits to make up their mind if someone else he likes wants to commit.  I really like Jagusah and Freeling and hope they have a spot no matter the time frame.

You are correct. Harry basically has two tiers of recruits, takes no matter what and possible takes after tier one goes elsewhere. Maybe a third tier for late bloomers. Harry has his groups regardless of rankings and takes from those groups as he sees fit.

That said one of Freeling or Jagusah might be left out. 

Edited by Big23Head

9 hours ago, Big23Head said:

You are correct. Harry basically has two tiers of recruits, takes no matter what and possible takes after tier one goes elsewhere. Maybe a third tier for late bloomers. Harry has his groups regardless of rankings and takes from those groups as he sees fit.

That said one of Freeling or Jagusah might be left out. 

Wonder if part of Freeman's new age of recruiting will also be bigger classes, ala both of them realizing that more players may transfer.