ND beats Miami 68-64!

On 2/2/2022 at 8:52 PM, Kizer For President said:

Nice bounce back win against a strong Miami team after a terrible shooting performance Monday against Duke. Atkinson was great on the offensive side of the court with 23pts. This is a quality type win that puts ND in a good position for a tournament bid! 

Yes beating Miami like that was impressive. I hope you are right about the tournament bid. They just looked so bad against Duke. Even the announcer of the Duke game was saying that their performance probably ruined any hope of getting in to the tournament. I hope they prove him wrong.

19 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Now 16-7 after beating NC State today. 
They are 9-3 in ACC play, matching their best record after 12 league games with the 2014-2015 team. 

And they won 5 of those 9 ACC games on the road. That is really impressive.

3 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

And they won 5 of those 9 ACC games on the road. That is really impressive.

It is impressive, but after watching a lot of games live-after watching Duke at home - there’s a huge gap between Duke and everyone else. This is a relatively down year for the ACC. We may make the tourney, but we’re not going anywhere. It’s time for Brey to go, but unfortunately I suspect it will be on his timeframe and terms. 

• Heart 1

On 2/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, ND_JACK said:

Yes beating Miami like that was impressive. I hope you are right about the tournament bid. They just looked so bad against Duke. Even the announcer of the Duke game was saying that their performance probably ruined any hope of getting in to the tournament. I hope they prove him wrong.

I was at the Duke game. Beyond the fact that Duke has taller and quicker athletes, the physical development between Duke and us was mind boggling. Nate L has hardly developed in 5 years.

I hope if/when Brey leaves the new coach brings in a S&C coach. If we’re going to be a program that relies on players staying four years, they must get stronger and more explosive physically.

I couldn’t help thinking during the game  that if I was Blake Wesley’s advisor, I’d have him transfer somewhere that will develop him physically better than Brey will. 

• Heart 1