2021-22 Women's Basketball

I watched them play against Syracuse and they looked a lot better then last year. Having Olivia Miles at point guard really helps huge. She keeps the offense moving at an uptempo pace. For a freshman you can’t get a better point guard. Then the addition of forward Maya Dodson transfer from Standard is a huge plus. She is second on the team in rebounding and third on the team in scoring. And the other freshman guard Sonia Citron is no slouch either.  She’s 5th on the team in scoring and 3rd in rebounding. That’s what driving the improved play.

The future is looking up too with Mandy Westbeld a sophomore forward, is the leading scorer and rebounder. It really killed the program when we lost our five starters to the pros two seasons ago.

They weren’t in the top 25 to start the season but I am very hopeful that by season end they will be there.

Edited by ND_JACK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The girls laid a massive egg today on a big stage.  We only ended up losing by 20 or so, but at the end of the1st quarter I think it was 35-3 - yes 3.

I am going to chalk this up to a relatively young coach/team not being mentally prepared for such a big game.

19 hours ago, irishrush said:

The girls laid a massive egg today on a big stage.  We only ended up losing by 20 or so, but at the end of the1st quarter I think it was 35-3 - yes 3.

I am going to chalk this up to a relatively young coach/team not being mentally prepared for such a big game.

On national tv too….that 1Q was SHOCKING!….I haven’t watched a lot of women’s bball this year but I thought it was becoming more competitive with more schools fielding good teams. But after that first quarter i wonder if there still is a great disparity. ND was supposed to have a top 25 team.

On 2/27/2022 at 4:30 PM, irishrush said:

31-3 after 1 quarter.  54-15 at halftime.  86-64 at the end, but I'm guessing that the Louisville bench saw plenty of action in the second half.

ND-Louisville box score

Looks like this team still has a looonnnggg way to go.  I don't remember a team only scoring 3 points in a quarter.  Sounds like a game of 1st graders, to be honest.  

Edited by AnTostal