The $95 Million Dollar Man

On 11/18/2021 at 6:09 AM, AnTostal said:

And now Lincoln Riley: $96 million for 8 years. 
ND’s next coach will probably have to be paid $12-15 million per year, based on what MSU and LSU are offering coaches today. 

Idgaf how much they pay him.  Just get someone that is going to win us a damn NC.

It’s an arms race and the big boys were after him. I called this not too long ago. I’d rather be in east lansing if the money is the same then Baton Rouge. 

I read that some outside donors had to pony up some of this coin for the offer. 

great for him great for the big10.

I hope LSU gets no thank you to death and have to settle on an unknown quantity. 

• Heart 1

Great for OK…if they were staying in the big12. They’re not going to compete for championships in the sec like they do in the big12. Michigan st largely successful because of transfers this year, let’s see if they can recruit and duplicate 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Great for OK…if they were staying in the big12. They’re not going to compete for championships in the sec like they do in the big12. Michigan st largely successful because of transfers this year, let’s see if they can recruit and duplicate 

It's going to be fun watching Oklahoma get blown out in the SEC because they can't play defense. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, JTennant said:

It’s an arms race and the big boys were after him. I called this not too long ago. I’d rather be in east lansing if the money is the same then Baton Rouge. 

I read that some outside donors had to pony up some of this coin for the offer. 

great for him great for the big10.

I hope LSU gets no thank you to death and have to settle on an unknown quantity. 

That unknown could possibly be Marcus Freeman but he's gotta be far down the list for now. 

On 11/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, Irish_Thunder said:

That unknown could possibly be Marcus Freeman but he's gotta be far down the list for now. 

Reported LSU list is  1. Jimbo Fischer 2. Bill O Brien 3. Mark Stoops, with Aranda still talked about plenty.

And Fickell and Aranda most talked about by USC.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:42 PM, mcgov12 said:

Give me “coaches the schools and fan bases are going to regret paying in 3 years” for $1000 Alex

exactly... I think he's got talent, but I just don't see MSU ever being more than #2...

IMO, would have had more success at one of the other schools. but can't say no to that cheese.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:42 AM, mcgov12 said:

Give me “coaches the schools and fan bases are going to regret paying in 3 years” for $1000 Alex

Yes, I think they will be regretting this, maybe already are after today's result!

Anyone think Texas A&M is having some second thoughts about throwing all that money at Jimbo Fisher? Other than beating bama this year, he hasn't really gotten them close to the playoffs yet. His 4 year record (33-13) isn't much better than what Tom Herman did at Texas (32-18)

2 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I don't believe I ever said I was.  I am, however, a fan.  I'm pretttttyyyyyy sure the entire fanbase, all of us, want someone to win us a national championship.  Nice try though.

No, it’s a lame thing to say. 

• Poo 1