Tommy Tremble sighting

17 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Panthers are looking surprisingly tough so far IMO. Darnold looking better than expected, but I did expect the change to be good for him. Now they just need TMjr to step up. 

Lost three starters potentially for the season that game though. A win, but at a high cost.

10 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Thought I saw CM was only a hammy and out 2-3 weeks.

Haven't seen an update on Horn. Who was the 3rd?

Got today's NFL Live on my DVR and will be watching shortly. 

CM Is a hammy, but was ruled out immediately. Hamstring injuries could tend to linger for the season, but hope it's a quick recovery. Jaycee Horn broke 3 bones in his foot. He's looking like a around end of season as best case scenario, but wouldn't be surprised if it was IR. And the safety Juston Burris got hurt and was put on IR I believe. I forget the injury.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

CM Is a hammy, but was ruled out immediately. Hamstring injuries could tend to linger for the season, but hope it's a quick recovery. Jaycee Horn broke 3 bones in his foot. He's looking like a around end of season as best case scenario, but wouldn't be surprised if it was IR. And the safety Juston Burris got hurt and was put on IR I believe. I forget the injury.

Got it. IR is an easy in/out now with the rule changes. Only 3 weeks mandatory, so the designation doesn't hold the same "ouch" level it used too. Agreed on hammies in general, but at least it's not something that definitely puts him out long term.

And I hate to say it, but this might be good for the long term development of Darnold and the team. Short term will suck, but it will force him not have the reliance on CM. He's looked very solid IMO so far. 

20 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

And I hate to say it, but this might be good for the long term development of Darnold and the team. Short term will suck, but it will force him not have the reliance on CM. He's looked very solid IMO so far. 

That's the same way I'm trying to look at it. Very similar to Cam Newton in 2015 when Kelvin Benjamin went on IR in preseason. The was no more tossing it up to Kelvin and praying. Forced Cam to spread it around and he had an MVP year with Philly Brown and Ted Ginn at receiver. Not saying Darnold will be an MVP. Not in the least bit, but he handled the lack of a safety blanket in McCaffrey very well last night, once they settled in in the second half.

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's the same way I'm trying to look at it. Very similar to Cam Newton in 2015 when Kelvin Benjamin went on IR in preseason. The was no more tossing it up to Kelvin and praying. Forced Cam to spread it around and he had an MVP year with Philly Brown and Ted Ginn at receiver. Not saying Darnold will be an MVP. Not in the least bit, but he handled the lack of a safety blanket in McCaffrey very well last night, once they settled in in the second half.

I think Darnold is the better passer compared to Cam, so I think he'll be fine. If anything dooms Carolina, it'll be OL play IMO. Moore is already a stud, but if TMjr, Chuba, and Tremble can step up, I think he'll be OK. Chuba will likely struggle with the OL though. 

• 2 weeks later...