2023 Rivals Top 250

ND Commits

Brenan Vernon (SDE): 4-star, #8 overall (highest rated 4-star)

Keon Keeley (WDE): 4-star, #106 overall

ND Targets

Kadyn Proctor (OL): 5-star, #5 overall

Sonny Styles (ATH/LB): 5-star, #6 overall

Justice Haynes (RB): 4-star, #17 overall

Drayk Bowen (OLB): 4-star, #22 overall

Duce Robinson (TE): 4-star, #24 overall

Dante Moore (QB): 4-star, #35 overall

Justyn Rhett (CB): 4-star, #47 overall

Carnell Tate (WR): 4-star, #68 overall

Luke Montgomery (OT): 4-star, #82 overall

Jaxon Howard (TE): 4-star, #91 overall

Christian Gray (CB): 4-star, #159 overall

Malik Elzy (WR): 4-star, #181 overall

Adon Shuler (S): 4-star, #213 overall

Avery Johnson (QB): 4-star, #244 overall

As always, there are a lot more targets, but I tried to keep it limited to guys I know that have serious interest in ND right now. Adon Shuler commits in less than a week and will likely pick ND. I also like ND to land Styles, Bowen, Rhett, and Elzy right now. ND will have to battle some heavyweights to land Proctor. It's ND vs. Ohio State for Styles, but ND likely leads today. Lots of heavy hitters in it for Haynes, but ND has been on him for a long time, so I think it's a battle Lance Taylor can win. Duce Robinson is widely regarded as the best TE in the country - he doesn't do many interviews, so hard to get a read, but ND should be in it until the end. ND's best shot at an elite QB this cycle is Dante Moore - ND will have to beat Michigan and OSU. ND will go head to head with OSU for Tate and Montgomery - ND likes Montgomery at DL while OSU likes him at OL. Jaxon Howard and Christian Gray have both visited recently, and both seem like ND fits. Elzy was just offered by ND, and ND seems to already be the favorite . Avery Johnson just camped at ND and was offered by Tommy Rees. He's not at the same level as Moore, but he could be really good - he is just starting to blow up.

Say it over and over and over again. Talent attracts talent. If they can land Dante Moore or a higher ranked QB early, that will go a long way considering they have 3 great D guys already. Could you image Dante Moore, Carnell Tate, Kadyn Proctor, Brenan Vernon, Keon Keely, Drayk Bowen, Justyn Rhett, and Sonny Styles...wow. Then fill in from there. 

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Say it over and over and over again. Talent attracts talent. If they can land Dante Moore or a higher ranked QB early, that will go a long way considering they have 3 great D guys already. Could you image Dante Moore, Carnell Tate, Kadyn Proctor, Brenan Vernon, Keon Keely, Drayk Bowen, Justyn Rhett, and Sonny Styles...wow. Then fill in from there. 

Amazing what aiming higher will do for you...

They start out every recruiting cycle with highly rated 5 stars on the board and by the end get maybe 2 - 3 top 100 guys if that. What makes the next class any different. I so hope you guys are right but after getting excited at all the talent that lists ND at the top of their list just to watch them go else where year after year I have learned to temper my expectations. I really hope they get those guys but at this point it’s show me before I get any type of excitement.

5 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

They start out every recruiting cycle with highly rated 5 stars on the board and by the end get maybe 2 - 3 top 100 guys if that. What makes the next class any different. I so hope you guys are right but after getting excited at all the talent that lists ND at the top of their list just to watch them go else where year after year I have learned to temper my expectations. I really hope they get those guys but at this point it’s show me before I get any type of excitement.

Perhaps call it the Freeman Effect but the difference is 1) they already have a 5*, a high 4*, and another 4* committed for 2023. and 2) the number of high rated 2023 prospects who visited in June was much higher than normal. There definitely seems to be more of a buzz around ND from elite prospects. 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

We already have 2 top 100 guys.   And we are in the lead or in great shape with a bunch more.  I've never seen is in with so many top guys this early as the 23 class.  And one of those top 50 kids is an Indiana kid so that is a huge thing.   I think we land him by the end of the year

Edited by golson5
  • Heart 2