Push Notifications are now available! And Badges + Ranks!

No need to miss a beat with notifications. If you would like to be alerted when quoted, messaged, or even if you get reactions while away from the forum, you should now have an option to. When clicking the notification bell at the top of the forums, you can turn on 'push notifications' and voila, you're set. If you want to turn off certain (or all) notifications, you can go into Notification settings and tweak them as you see fit.

Enjoy!

image.png.bb2c9bff65f5c280fd5038d38ad47794.png

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

On top of Push Notifications, there's also Achievements (Badges) & Ranks. Everybody's rank is currently being re-calculated based on all-time points. This may take a day or two to finish. 

43 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Wow!  This is great!  Thank you!  Actually, I love the complete overhaul on this site!  It’s just so cool!

Thanks so much!!! I can gladly say the major changes are done for the most part, minus the yearly software upgrades (probably summer each year). Unless there are any quality of life upgrades I think of or user suggestions, which I'm open to. My goal is to have this place be as inviting as possible, but allow everyone to discuss anything freely without worry. And I'm pretty happy with where things are ?

• Heart 1

• 1 month later...

So, I meant to bring this up a while ago after noticing this issue, but never got around to it.  Anyway, am I using the wrong browser to be allowed to enable push notifications?  See below picture for what what I’m seeing.  I have tried using both Safari and Google Chrome, but still can’t make it work.  I am using an iPhone 11 too.  Maybe I’m doing something wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.

E9E7FAA5-4A2D-4D9E-87BD-D91CC8F6BB27.thumb.jpeg.d8e2d86b40aa05a7e044ce62adfd6dae.jpeg

Edited by Baldy

On 7/1/2021 at 10:39 PM, Mike said:

On top of Push Notifications, there's also Achievements (Badges) & Ranks. Everybody's rank is currently being re-calculated based on all-time points. This may take a day or two to finish. 

@Mike how do you recalculate the rankings?  Do you need admin credentials for that or is it something a moderator can do as well?  Curious for another board I help run that now uses the rankings too.

8 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

@Mike how do you recalculate the rankings?  Do you need admin credentials for that or is it something a moderator can do as well?  Curious for another board I help run that now uses the rankings too.

Hey @NYGoldenDomer, yeah it's an admin privilege. I actually visit another forum on the new software, and give directions on how to, yet there leaving it as is and it's driving me nuts. Haha.

There's a button in the admin section that you need to click to re-calculate. Might take a day or two two finishing but the board is fully functional while it updates.

Directions in AdminCP:
Head to Members (Person icon)
Achievements > Settings
Click " + Rebuild Members' Achievements"

And you should be good.

14 hours ago, Mike said:

Hey @NYGoldenDomer, yeah it's an admin privilege. I actually visit another forum on the new software, and give directions on how to, yet there leaving it as is and it's driving me nuts. Haha.

There's a button in the admin section that you need to click to re-calculate. Might take a day or two two finishing but the board is fully functional while it updates.

Directions in AdminCP:
Achievements > Settings

And you should be good.

Thanks I just started the rebuild.

• Heart 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:02 AM, Baldy said:

So, I meant to bring this up a while ago after noticing this issue, but never got around to it.  Anyway, am I using the wrong browser to be allowed to enable push notifications?  See below picture for what what I’m seeing.  I have tried using both Safari and Google Chrome, but still can’t make it work.  I am using an iPhone 11 too.  Maybe I’m doing something wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.

E9E7FAA5-4A2D-4D9E-87BD-D91CC8F6BB27.thumb.jpeg.d8e2d86b40aa05a7e044ce62adfd6dae.jpeg

@Mike, how do I fix that issue with the push notifications?  See my original post above.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Baldy said:

@Mike, how do I fix that issue with the push notifications?  See my original post above.  Thanks!

Looked into it and meant to respond once I got on the computer, so thanks for the follow-up / reminder. Unfortunately it's a limitation with Apple products (iPhone, Safari, Mac, etc.). Apple currently doesn't support Web Push Notifications. :(

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Looked into it and meant to respond once I got on the computer, so thanks for the follow-up / reminder. Unfortunately it's a limitation with Apple products (iPhone, Safari, Mac, etc.). Apple currently doesn't support Web Push Notifications. :(

@Mike, well that sucks.  ?  Oh, well.  I can deal…I guess.  ?  Thanks for letting me know.

• Heart 1

On 8/15/2021 at 6:00 PM, Mike said:

Directions in AdminCP:
Achievements > Settings

And you should be good.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:26 AM, NYGoldenDomer said:

Thanks I just started the rebuild.

Finished already!  Took less than a day.

• Trophy 1