NCAA Baseball Tournament

16 hours ago, ObieKnobbe said:

God their fans are a bunch of southern idiots.  I'll be sure to harass them when I goto a few of the games.  Great season Irish and we can at least say we have class!

Being from the south, I'm not quite sure how to take that comment.

Would you call a bunch of poorly-acting Ohio State fans or Boston College fans 'northern idiots', or just idiots?   Maybe leave the geographical modifiers off the term 'idiots', unless there really is a difference between idiots who live in the north versus those who live in the south, west, or east?

I didn't watch the game but followed the score through the night.  That stadium holds about 15,000 people.  ND's Eck Stadium holds 2,500.  A raucous crowd like that would be amazing to see at ND.  I'm hoping Link sticks around a while and can get ND back to super regional after super regional, if not the CWS.

Edited by Kelly Gruene

I know it was a rough loss for the Notre Dame baseball team and fan base but having watched every minute of the three games, I feel that Mississippi State was fortunate to beat the best team that did not make it to Omaha and a better team than some that did. As we all know, baseball is a wonderful but fickle game and except for only one team the post season always ends in a loss. Dudy Noble Field is a special place where Norte Dame teams have played in the past and hopefully will play there again with you in the stands or maybe the Left Field Lounge.  Good luck to your team next year. Best wishes from a Mississippi State Bulldog and a new Domer.  Go Irish!

Edited by Bulldog
  • Leprechaun 1

2 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I know it was a rough loss for the Notre Dame baseball team and fan base but having watched every minute of the three games, I feel that Mississippi State was fortunate to beat the best team that did not make it to Omaha and a better team than some that did. As we all know, baseball is a wonderful but fickle game and except for only one team the post season always ends in a loss. Dudy Noble Field is a special place where Norte Dame teams have played in the past and hopefully will play there again with you in the stands or maybe the Left Field Lounge.  Good luck to your team next year. Best wishes from a Mississippi State Bulldog and a new Domer.  Go Irish!

Thank you for the post.  I'm hoping Link Jarrett sticks around South Bend several years and develops this program into a consistent post-season presence.

• 2 weeks later...