UNC and Coastal Carolina and the trouble with the eye test

The eye test is horseshit.

You know what my eyes tell me about #17 UNC and #13 Coastal Carolina?

UNC would hang 100 on CC, at least.

So if an Ohio State team with 5 wins can be #4 because of the eye test why isn’t the eye test extended in the same way to an 8 win #17 UNC team?

It’s such a farce. Total bullshit. I think this UNC team would demolish the entire B1G - Ohio State included. Ohio State’s defense really sucks.

Edited by Green Goblin

The eye test is horseshit.

You know what my eyes tell me about #17 UNC and #13 Coastal Carolina?

UNC would hang 100 on CC, at least.

So if an Ohio State team with 5 wins can be #4 because of the eye test why isn’t the eye test extended in the same way to an 8 win #17 UNC team?

It’s such a farce. Total bullshit. I think this UNC team would demolish the entire B1G - Ohio State included. Ohio State’s defense really sucks.

CC has two top 20 wins (BYU and Louisiana), I don't think UNC has any.

I’m not cheerleading for UNC. I could say the same about USC.

My point is the comittee keep justifying Ohio State by saying “we’re looking for the 4 best teams!! Eye test! Eye test! Eye test!”

CC could play USC or UNC 100 times and they would lose them all. I think both of those schools execute offense as well or better than CC and they have athletes orders of magnitude better than CC. That’s what the eye test says so why aren’t we extending the eye test out to those schools?

So what’s happening is “the eye test” is used to prop up a chosen few schools which is bullshit for me.

Edited by Green Goblin

I hear ya GG but I don't think CC is taking the place of any real title contender. After tonight there are only 5 teams with a legit shot of getting into the playoffs and 2 of them play each other next Saturday so unless we get baptised Saturday: Bama ND Clemson OSU or Bama Clemson OSU ND.

I think the issue many have with the playoff committee is that their criteria is seemingly a moving target and their justification is subjective. Unlike the BCS era where we knew essentially the metrics involved and could predict next weeks polls as soon @ 1 AM Sunday morning.

I'm not sweating it and would love for UNC to get more praise in the polls which they will. I don't think the polls are doubting UNC as much as they are perhaps overhyping CC.

UNC I believe even went up 2 spots after losing to us.

I hear ya GG but I don't think CC is taking the place of any real title contender. After tonight there are only 5 teams with a legit shot of getting into the playoffs and 2 of them play each other next Saturday so unless we get baptised Saturday: Bama ND Clemson OSU or Bama Clemson OSU ND.

I think the issue many have with the playoff committee is that their criteria is seemingly a moving target and their justification is subjective. Unlike the BCS era where we knew essentially the metrics involved and could predict next weeks polls as soon @ 1 AM Sunday morning.

I'm not sweating it and would love for UNC to get more praise in the polls which they will. I don't think the polls are doubting UNC as much as they are perhaps overhyping CC.

UNC I believe even went up 2 spots after losing to us.

Not really about UNC though.

Here let me put it this way:

Try and explain to me why Ohio State is ahead of Texas A&M and then, with consistent logic, try and explain why Coastal Carolina is ahead of UNC.

You’ll start to see the circular logic that really just benefits an already entrenched behemoth like Ohio State.