Great JRE podcast on Converting White Nationalists

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only on first ballet. So unless someone wins outright on first ballet, they come into play

Rock and a hard place for the Dems... If Sanders wins, the moderates stay home or go to Trump. If they steal it from Sanders, his people stay home... Either way, not a good option in an election that will be a nailbiter.

Only on first ballet. So unless someone wins outright on first ballet, they come into play

If a candidate gets 1991 delegates on the first ballot, he/she wins the nomination. Delegates are pretty much pledged to a candidate on the first ballot. If no one has 1991 delegates, the gloves come off, the back room horse trading starts, and the super delegates come into play.

So, if Sanders has 1991 delegates committed to him before Milwaukee, he will absolutely be the nominee.

https://ballotpedia.org/Democratic_National_Convention,_2020

• 2 weeks later...
Feel relieved Biden is pulling away. I’ll still likely vote Trump, but I can live with Biden winning, assuming he doesn’t botch the VP. Safest bet would be Harris or Kloubachar.

Anybody but Kaine as VP... Jesus... If that guy wasn't straight out of Batman as a villain...and idiotic. A gift from God would be Biden taking Tulsi. I love Tulsi, but Dems HATTTEEEE her... I could see him doing something boneheaded like that.

Whatever VP pick is gonna have to deal with Nicki Haley who is going to eat them alive. She's a professional version of Trump. Can't wait to see Trump's plan play out where Pence has been put in the no-win coronavirus situation, "fails," and is replaced by Haley.

Feel relieved Biden is pulling away. I’ll still likely vote Trump, but I can live with Biden winning, assuming he doesn’t botch the VP. Safest bet would be Harris or Kloubachar.

I can’t see him picking Harris. Too many dems hate her record of prosecuting minorities. Klobuchar is too white.

I suspect he’ll pick a woman from Michigan or Pennsylvania or Ohio if he is indeed the nominee. Don’t know enough about politicians in those areas but he needs to carry those states if he wants to beat Trump.