Frozen Four

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking, at their schedule they’ve played some high scoring games. Either, they give up a ton of score a ton.

They just swarmed Ohio State. It could have easily been 4-1. Also some obvious no calls in Ohio States favor.

Hoping for the best tonight

UMD 2 - ND 0 after the 1st Period.

ND played well, better than UMD for the most part, but made two major mistakes. The first goal resulted from a turnover in the neutral zone. UMD player fired an absolute rocket. Nothing Cale Morris could do. The second goal was all on Morris. Bad angle shot just squeaked through, between Morris and the post.

ND needs more production from the top two lines. Not worried right now. ND had to play from behind in each game this Tournament, so there is no question they can comeback. Just need to score the next goal, obviously.

UMD 2 - Notre Dame 1

Irish scores a much needed PP goal midway through the second. Should be a great third period. Irish have been the cardiac kids, and I just saw a stat that UMD is like 22-0-1 when they lead after two periods this season.

Sloppy ugly uninspired play today. They acted like they had the lead in the 3rd with that dump and chase crap.

They are a defensive minded team...got outshot more often than not all year long....BUT I totally agree with you about the 3rd....this wasn't just another game, and nothing was working for them. I was absolutely amazed that they didn't mix it up...rotate Gilbert and Wade and run more offensive players....instead ya, they played like they were in the lead, kept everyone back, and never got a rush....

Damn. Just felt like Minnesota Duluth played more inspired. Not trying to take anything away from our team. I don't know. Maybe all the hard-fought close down to the wire games took a little wind out. Congrats to Minnesota Duluth and our guys. Hey!! At least we beat meatchicken to get to the final.

Prayers to the Humboldt Broncos.