VT game

Down 34-21 at half.

Irish shooting is absolutely abysmal: 8-32 FG, 3-16 3PT

Colson is 1-10 from the floor and looks AWFUL.

Farrell 2-7 and Gibbs 2-6.

Just hard to watch. Unbelievable how bad they have played since the second half of the pitt game.

AND.....Djogo should NOT be on the floor!!!!

I have been yelling that at the tv for the last hour it seems like. He brings absolutely nothing. He is supposed to be a shooter, but is too hesitant and hasn't made a shot all season. He can't play defense and is just not athletic enough to play big time college basketball.

I'd say it's pretty much over. Love Brey - one of the best coaches in college basketball - but it's incomprehensible how the Irish fail to show up in an absolute must win. Sad way for Colson and Farrell to go out.

They are 100% in if they beat Duke tomorrow. A close loss and maybe, but probably not.

I am actually starting to think a close loss gives them a 50/50 chance. I guess we'll see. I just don't see how they have much of a chance against duke...but I didn't think they had any chance of coming back in this game either.

They are 100% in if they beat Duke tomorrow. A close loss and maybe, but probably not.

I think they are in now. This is a top 20 team with Colson and the committee knows it. Heck they just took the number one team in the country down to the wire at their place. The committee knows they have to put them in but they will seed them knowing that the resume is not the best without Colson.

Unreal. I will gladly eat crow. Thought they were dead down 21. Amazing effort by those guys. Let's beat the f**k out of Duke tomorrow.

My comments about Djogo still stand...

Need to make sure they don't get any of the cheap charge calls they always get at Cameron Indoor. ND has great record in the Barkley Center in Brooklyn, just like a second home court, and Brey is pretty good against his old boss

Hope ND can make Duke puke!

Besides facing one of the most talented teams in the country in Duke, it makes me nervous that ND will be playing its third game in three days. They all looked gassed at times tonight, especially Colson (which is understandable after missing two months). Really need some guys to step up off the bench, primarily Mooney and Torres. I would normally not include Torres, but he played well tonight. I guess Djogo will come in to give one of the guards a breather, but I hope he plays 5 minutes or less.

It has been fun to read the comments about the game after the fact :-) as long as Notre Dame plays Duke close, I think they are in. There are so many bubble teams that Notre Dame is at least even with now but has a legitimate excuse of Colson being out most the season.

I think ND makes the NCAA tournament unless they lose to Duke by 25 or more.

If a 'reasonable' loss to Duke, end up maybe a 14th seed, possibly surprise some teams.

Beat Duke, maybe end up a 9th seed?

Beat Duke, then beat North Carolina? Well, that would create some seeding problems for the committee.

I'm totally making this up, don't follow bracketology predictions.