wimbush's questionable performance

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been calling for CBK’s head for a while, but I cannot put this on him. The plays issued to brandon were simple. Simple passes to keep the defense honest & spread out. You can see in the WF game that a miami gameplan was being developed. All he had to do was hit easy routes on the numbers, kerp the defense spread out & allow the run game to develop. It’s obvious that Adams is a good runner, but his line is greater. The miami D was left with no aerial threat & got comfortable eating up josh & brandon. All brandon had to do was throw the early strike on that first series td, pipe the crowd down a bit & pick apart the defense with decent yardage plays. He failed MISERABLY. MISERABLY! I cannot believe hiw badly he sucks at passing, especially considering he was recruited as apocket passer. It blows my mind that he cannot simply exercise a single fundamental in passing on EVERY pass. How is that even possible? That is as boggling at John Lester not being able to throw to first base.... Brandon did not execute the simplest of tasks & put the team into the shi—tiest of positions & forcing the defense to play a game they did not deserve. A shame. No, rather, an all out crime! I never thought I’d pin a game on a single player, ever! But this kid let the whole game plan go to sh1t, period. Say what you will, he **** his pants & did it in the limelight! Exposed! I do NOT see him as the future going into next season unless some serious reconfiguration happens in his pinhead.

As a side note, we REALLY need more dynamic receiving. These receivers lack anything resembling greatness

Edited by imroc

I’ve been calling for CBK’s head for a while, but I cannot put this on him. The plays issued to brandon were simple. Simple passes to keep the defense honest & spread out. You can see in the WF game that a miami gameplan was being developed. All he had to do was hit easy routes on the numbers, kerp the defense spread out & allow the run game to develop. It’s obvious that Adams is a good runner, but his line is greater. The miami D was left with no aerial threat & got comfortable eating up josh & brandon. All brandon had to do was throw the early strike on that first series td, pipe the crowd down a bit & pick apart the defense with decent yardage plays. He failed MISERABLY. MISERABLY! I cannot believe hiw badly he sucks at passing, especially considering he was recruited as apocket passer. It blows my mind that he cannot simply exercise a single fundamental in passing on EVERY pass. How is that even possible? That is as boggling at John Lester not being able to throw to first base.... Brandon did not execute the simplest of tasks & put the team into the shi—tiest of positions & forcing the defense to play a game they did not deserve. A shame. No, rather, an all out crime! I never thought I’d pin a game on a single player, ever! But this kid let the whole game plan go to sh1t, period. Say what you will, he **** his pants & did it in the limelight! Exposed! I do NOT see him as the future going into next season unless some serious reconfiguration happens in his pinhead.

As a side note, we REALLY need more dynamic receiving. These receivers lack anything resembling greatness

Completely agree, except with the receivers. Wimbush has missed open receivers all year long....either by over throwing them, or just not seeing them.

Last night threw 3 ints. The problem it should have been 5. Two easy drops by the D kept his total lower.

Edited by Uteck

30 year NFL scout Greg Gabriel says that Wimbush is so bad that he shouldn't even be playing QB at ND and should switch positions.

I saw this over on Irishenvy and I can believe it. He looks like he's playing in snow boots and oven mits out there. He either throws it way too high or so pitifully bad that the ball looks like a pillow with two cats fighting inside of it.

Let me state that I was in no way blaming the game on receivers. Just stating that we do lack

I am not sure we do

A top passing qb would probably be lights out with this group of receivers.

Kizer was better with less last year.

I am not sure we do

A top passing qb would probably be lights out with this group of receivers.

Kizer was better with less last year.

I’m not sold on that statement. I’ve seen a lot of balls that were catchable with more athletic receivers. We’ve been spoiled with great college receivers that made qb’s look good even thru the willingham era

If the recruit Jurkovec is as good as advertised he very may well be starting next season. He's a great passer and can run too.

All I know us if CBK plays his loyalty card & tries fitting a square peg in a round hole next season, it’ll be another Irish Tragedy

• 7 months later...