2015/16 MLB Free Agency

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He must be asking for a fortune. Or he is a cancer to the locker room. I only guess on that by the number of times he's been traded to teams. And then, he Mets are out. They desperately need his bat. Oh well...

He must be asking for a fortune. Or he is a cancer to the locker room. I only guess on that by the number of times he's been traded to teams. And then, he Mets are out. They desperately need his bat. Oh well...
Think it's because he's asking for a fortune. Surprised he's not being pursued. He totally turned the Mets around last year after getting him.

That's what's confusing. He's done well at all his atops but he never lasts long there.
Yeah I know. Maybe there is an issue with him. I don't know but it is odd. Stunned that NY isn't trying to keep him, but they're literally saying they can't afford him. Hope he goes back to the AL.

Yeah I know. Maybe there is an issue with him. I don't know but it is odd. Stunned that NY isn't trying to keep him, but they're literally saying they can't afford him. Hope he goes back to the AL.

I can honestly see St. Louis sneaking in there and signing him. He'd be idea for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see it mentioned but I'm loving Chapman trade to the Yankees, talk about a three headed monster in the bullpen. And I'm all for Chapman being suspended to start the season, a 60 day suspension would prevent Chapman from reaching his mandatory service days for becoming a free agent for the 2017 season and would remain under Yankee control.

In a trade that makes great sense for both teams, the Jays send Ben Revere to Washington for Drew Storen.

Nats get their lead off guy, Jays get a badly needed arm in the pen. Now it looks like it will be a combo of Michael Saunders/Dalton Pompey in left for the Jays, which I love. Improved the defense, it's a wash on the bases between Pompey and Revere, lose at the plate (but if there's one team that can afford to it's Toronto). And it gives them the flexibility to move Sanchez to the rotation if they want. Great trade!!!

I didn't see it mentioned but I'm loving Chapman trade to the Yankees, talk about a three headed monster in the bullpen. And I'm all for Chapman being suspended to start the season, a 60 day suspension would prevent Chapman from reaching his mandatory service days for becoming a free agent for the 2017 season and would remain under Yankee control.
Their bullpen is going to be absurd. Heard rumors they may be shopping Miller now. Again, just a rumor though.

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody else jacked up that we're only 2 months out from regular season ball???? I'm headed down to Florida in a month to check out a couple of Jays games. First time going to spring training.....really looking forward to it

It's a huge thing here in Arizona. It's like a holiday. Spring training that is. Since, I'm not originally from Arizona I don't get too pumped. Being from the Midwest, I change with the seasons. And that is still engraved in me to this day. I still have to get through the Super Bowl and Men's CBB before I can start to think about baseball. :). But I should be really ecstatic because the Cubs FINALLY have a real shot at the World Series.

• 4 weeks later...
This is he year!!!! I hope... Dexter Fowler resigns with the Cubs. Didn't see that coming. Does that mean Soler is trade bait later on? Hats four outfielders all wanting playing time.
Doubt it, at least not now. Think Fowler just preferred to stay in Chicago. Love his enthusiasm and attitude. Deal is for only 1 year anyway. He had a deal with Baltimore but opted for Chicago for logical reasons. ;)

Do the Cubs want Jose Bautista for a steal of a deal at 5 years, 150+ mill???? But here's the added bonus, it covers his 36-41 years, he's declining defensively and his swing is all about timing so it shouldn't be much of an issue when he slows down a bit....

Talk about hurting your reputation amongst a fanbase. And making the new GM the good guy in the whole deal...