2015/16 MLB Free Agency

That lineup would be crazy good if they signed Heyward too.

1. Zobrist

2. Heyward

3. Rizzo

4. Bryant

5. Schwarber

6. Soler

7. Miggy

8. Pitcher

9. Russell

Lots of runs and good table setters. Something they lacked. Also, two left handed hitters at the top and spaced in the order. I love it. Come to think of it. Sign Heyward up now!!!

Lineup would just be absurd. Whatever they end up doing at cf, good luck with hitters 2-6. Power galore.

Go Cubs Go!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Freakin Heyward!
Love the signing. Just hope he's ok in CF and keep Soler. Heyward will be worth every penny of that contract. Also, love the demeanor of both Zobrist and Heyward. Both strike me as no nonsense dudes. We can get another young starting pitcher next year, but I want to see Soler stay and give him an entire year.

Love the signing. Just hope he's ok in CF and keep Soler. Heyward will be worth every penny of that contract. Also, love the demeanor of both Zobrist and Heyward. Both strike me as no nonsense dudes. We can get another young starting pitcher next year, but I want to see Soler stay and give him an entire year.

As good as Schwarber is at the plate, I think the Cubs would be smart to look at trading him for a great, defensive CF and young SP. He has no real position and will be a liability for the Cubs in the OF, especially since Soler is just average in the OF. I think they will give both a chance, but won't keep both if they don't improve, defensively. Trade one and put Heyward in RF, Soler/Schwarber in LF, and the trade in CF.

As good as Schwarber is at the plate, I think the Cubs would be smart to look at trading him for a great, defensive CF and young SP. He has no real position and will be a liability for the Cubs in the OF, especially since Soler is just average in the OF. I think they will give both a chance, but won't keep both if they don't improve, defensively. Trade one and put Heyward in RF, Soler/Schwarber in LF, and the trade in CF.
His bat is too good man. He can learn a position and still think he could replace Montero at catcher ultimately. I get your point, but his bat is the real deal average wise/hr etc. Worth his defense any game. I seriously believe the Cubs took off last year when he was called up.

His bat is too good man. He can learn a position and still think he could replace Montero at catcher ultimately. I get your point, but his bat is the real deal average wise/hr etc. Worth his defense any game. I seriously believe the Cubs took off last year when he was called up.

Agree...and it's not really worth talking about. Schwarber is not getting traded.

Apparently the Reds/Nationals have/had a deal in place for Phillips as long as he waves his no trade clause.

Yeah I just read that. I hope the reds can get something from the Nats. The deal they got for Frazier was far less then stellar.

Anyone interested in Votto and Chapman and Phillips? Reds will give them away for prospects! Going to be awesome fielding an all rookie team next season....

Hey, the Cubs just did that very thing last year. Just have to have the right rookies. :)

Mike Leake off the board - a lot of money for his talents IMO
I think it was a good move for St Louis after losing Lackey and Lynn is out next season. Leake is 28, has pretty good numbers and is even a strong hitter for a pitcher. He's already talking about taking out the Cubs next year also which certainly endeared him to the Cardinals.