Prayer request

Hello, DD. Recent life events have me facing a new path where I will be starting alone from scratch. Without going into details, my likely destination is a Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center.

I'm a big boy, I have had to start again from nothing before over twenty years ago but all I ask is a prayer that this path I am about to embark on will lead to a good place.

Thank you in advance.

Dave/I_C

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can scrounge up some funds for you, I'm sure people would be willing to contribute...

Aye, I think being an Irish fan (For some reason I originally typed flan) is enough to get some GoFundMe money. Everyone who doesn't hate ND fans knows to feel sorry for us.

Thanks again and I appreciate the idea of a Gofundme but money won't be an issue and if I leave, I won't have a bank account. No, I just need to get things back on track.

It's a combination of alcohol abuse, relationship issues(partially stemming from that), partially because of a third party who never seems to go away and just a complete lack of structure within my wife's family that leads to extreme dysfunction and chaos on an ongoing basis. The only thing I truly have hte ability to change is myself and my environment. I'd rather start from the bottom up and be happy than remain in a toxic environment that affects me both mentally and physically.

In particular, I need to address the alcohol issue. I've been a drinker since the 70s but have had four particularly bad bouts with it since the late 80s. This current one, at my age, is my wake up call. The only way I've stopped it before was a change in environment and I know it's called for now.

Edited by Irish_Convert

Okay, things are set in stone. I am going to The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center in Davenport, IA, some time in the next few weeks. I will be without internet access for some time but when it becomes available, I will be sure to stop here and let everyone know what's going on.

I truly appreciate the support. I will still be on and off here for awhile until things get settled, I will still need my NDFB fix and will address it when I can. I hope I'm still able to catch some games this season. God Bless and Go Irish!

Dave Klink/Irish_Convert