Gas Grill advice?

After 19 years it is time to replace Weber and I will be getting another Weber. We have natural gas line running to grill so makes using it real painless. Cannot remember the model but I think it is a Genesis. I'm traveling so I cannot simply go look.

I'm a big fan of the indirect cooking method and it is harder to do with most grills since the gas burners on most run front to back while Weber's run sideways with a front, middle, and back. Sear with all three and then turn middle off and let food cook indirectly.

Replaced the internals once maybe ten years ago as a Father's Day gift. With a non-Weber who knows if you can even find parts as easily.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Weber is great quality. But I belive there is a difference between the Spirit and Genesis models. I think the Spirit models have cheaper parts (more plastic or thinner steel?) where the Genesis is really sturdy. But just go to Home Depot and you'll get a sense of their quality. After 1 year I still don't see the $250 difference between my Dyna-Glo and the Weber but maybe 5-10 years will be telling. No rust or issues so far...

spend the money and get a weber genesis S 330....stainless.....built like a truck......

I'll 2nd the Weber Genesis. I bought this baby last year and freaking love it.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/9a/9aaba759-9fda-4935-a49d-e65a386c7cee_400.jpg

Get yourself a cast-iron smoker box to add a little flavor back that you lose with a gas grill and you're golden.