Desmond Howard

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE DH, but IMO he is correct in stating BK is sitting on a warm seat now.

When you think of a Lou Holtz, what comes to mind? I remember the National Championship, his fiery disposition, and his ability to motivate.

What about Brian Kelly? What do you think of?

He has been somewhat successful, won a few big games, helped modernize ND to an extent, and witnessed more BS under his leadership than any other ND coach in history.

This is a decisive year regarding the future of BK as the Head Coach of Notre Dame. Can the University afford any more negative attention? Will Irish Fans be content with a mediocre 9-3 season? I argue that BK has a LOT to prove THIS YEAR. Everybody is saying it, "These are HIS players and HE is calling the offense." Fans are not going to accept anything less than a great season. I'd say that makes his seat rather warm. Wouldn't you?

Well stated. I am right there with you.

He doesn't dig deep enough to see thatch, let alone make mention of the fact Kelly had to gameplan around TR for 2 of the last three years. And you know, I don't mind if he calls out the record - it is what it is - but to say "we didn't belong in the NC game" is fricking ludicrous. Who deserved it more that year? If Bama is in that game, no team is staying within 20 points of them the way they played.

Its BK's fault he had to deal with Rees and didn't have better back up options. No way to excuse that and he had Tony Pike at Cincy who was like Rees and was way better play caller then. The best thing for our offense is getting rid of the horribly OC from last year.

Its BK's fault he had to deal with Rees and didn't have better back up options. No way to excuse that and he had Tony Pike at Cincy who was like Rees and was way better play caller then. The best thing for our offense is getting rid of the horribly OC from last year.

I would agree with you but the pipeline is full now. He got Crist who was a complete bust. He got Golson who needed a red shirt. He got Gunner but that guy transferred. And then Golson got suspended. Its fine and dandy for outsiders to look at the QB situation and say, welp, tough breaks, its still your fault, see ya later. But if you pay close attention to the program, you can cut him some slack. And again, if he doesn't prove to have a really good offense this season, I will start wondering if he needs to stay.

Just another guy that ESPN allows to speak although personal biases cloud a ton of his judgement. ESPN no longer cares about intelligent conversation. Herbstreit is one of the only guys I like on there anymore.

All media is compromised. Nothing is fair and balanced including politics, sports, etc.

I would agree with you but the pipeline is full now. He got Crist who was a complete bust. He got Golson who needed a red shirt. He got Gunner but that guy transferred. And then Golson got suspended. Its fine and dandy for outsiders to look at the QB situation and say, welp, tough breaks, its still your fault, see ya later. But if you pay close attention to the program, you can cut him some slack. And again, if he doesn't prove to have a really good offense this season, I will start wondering if he needs to stay.

Who brought in Gunner? Rees was in his fourth year last year so thats a lot of time to have the guys YOU want. Also, lets not forget he had another QB that turned out couldn't make a five yard pass. I like Kelly but it all falls squarely on his shoulders not being prepared.

Who brought in Gunner? Rees was in his fourth year last year so thats a lot of time to have the guys YOU want. Also, lets not forget he had another QB that turned out couldn't make a five yard pass. I like Kelly but it all falls squarely on his shoulders not being prepared.

Again, you can close your eyes and not look at the circumstances. I do look at the circumstances and I am fine with Kelly. Like I said, pipeline is full now.