Handgun of Choice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at Colt Python or Anaconda. Nice to look at. Price not so much.

Everything is outrageous right now. I really want an FN 57. Shoots modified 22 rounds at over 1800 fps, but they are fetching upwards of 2000 when they are 1040 normally priced.

This gun ban shit from Obama is backfiring lol. It's making everyone go out and get guns.

I obviously like the styling of the Sig 226 better than the G19g4, but I've heard the 226 is a pain in the ass to break down completely (grips off, more springs, etc). Can any Sig owners give me some perspective on this? Right now I'm leaning G19 or G26, I just wish they were better to look at.

Also, some opinions on 9mm vs .40 vs .357 would be appreciated as well.

I'm in the minority (probably) in thinking that the Glock is really nice looking. But I'm also a ThinkPad guy. I guess I like black matte simplicity.

Regarding the caliber, is it going to be for a carry gun, home defense, target shooting?

I plan on using it for all three honestly. I'm looking for balance.

You can get a Glock 23 (.40) and buy a "conversion" barrel like Lone Wolf which will allow you to shoot 9 mm through it. They go for $100-$150 or so.

That would give you, in essence, two guns.

Edit: You would need to buy G19 mags for the above.

You can also do a Glock 32 (.357) conversion to .40 (Glock 23/27) and not have to buy different magazines.

Edited by DamshaBua

I keep a 9mm Smith & Wesson next to my bed in a safe--pretty much for self protection. Not much of a "sportsman" so to speak when it comes to monthly sharpening at the range but I can hit a target if need be. Had a cop buddy from Akron stop over one summer and I proved to more accurate than he was when target shooting, which is a little alarming. :)

I keep a 9mm Smith & Wesson next to my bed in a safe--pretty much for self protection. Not much of a "sportsman" so to speak when it comes to monthly sharpening at the range but I can hit a target if need be. Had a cop buddy from Akron stop over one summer and I proved to more accurate than he was when target shooting, which is a little alarming. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360641773.447930.thumb.jpg.0b08918e42c5327090df74479c1f9ec5.jpg like this one?

I keep it locked up in a keypad safe as well. I like to shoot a couple times a month. I love the smith and wesson.. Aside from being awkward to take a part, I'd rather own this than a glock.

I've got my heart set on a Glock 19 gen 4. Now the trick is finding one...

Good luck. I saw the gunbroker.com website that someone else put on here and shit is literally double. I'm going to get an FN 57 and probably a good .357sig when prices come down. Your best bet is hole in the wall gun shops. The big retailers won't have them. Good luck on ammo too haha. Gander Mountain ran out of 9MM.

Edited by JTennant
double quote. I suck @ double quotes.

I've got my heart set on a Glock 19 gen 4. Now the trick is finding one...

Let us know how your search goes. I want the 19 badly. But I mean they are all gone, ALL of them, from the shelves. What you can find is double for private party transfers is almost double "sticker."

I don't currently have anything. I was literally going to set either an AR or Glock order a couple of days before Sandy Hook but was hit with a combination of procrastination and uncertainty as to which I wanted more or whether to get both.

Boy do I regret not making that purchase! I should take that money and buy myself an ass-kicking machine.

[ATTACH]525[/ATTACH] like this one?

I keep it locked up in a keypad safe as well. I like to shoot a couple times a month. I love the smith and wesson.. Aside from being awkward to take a part, I'd rather own this than a glock.

Yep. Just like it but silver. I want to get one of those fingerprint safes where I can just lay my hand on it and retrieve my 9 out it in a hurry in case somebody broke in or my neighbor Michigan fan stops over to rub in a loss. The whole spin-dial safe is neither fast nor practical in a break-in situation in my opinion, and my neighbor's were broken into a couple of summer ago so it's a legit concern for me. Vince Vaughn had one of these print-reading safes in that couples retreat movie I think.