Any artistic types with any suggestions for a tattoo?

corysold

Here is what I have designed so far. Please don't laugh, I'm not the most artistic type and this took me about 3 months to figure out! The knotwork in the bottom quadrant will be in all four spots. Also, the center is supposed to be a claddagh ring, in case you can't tell! :wink:

?ui=2&ik=3138671d35&view=att&th=13b99fc8bb2620a5&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

?ui=2&ik=3138671d35&view=att&th=13b99fc8bb2620a5&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

Any other suggestions or ideas? This is my first tattoo, so I'm not certain what works/doesn't. I'm meeting with the artist in the next few weeks for his ideas, but since it is a pretty big commitment, the more comments the better I figure.

Thanks.

EDIT: That picture didn't post as big as I thought it would. Around the circle are my 4 kids names and the bottom is supposed to be the communion cup.

Is there a way to post it bigger? EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I figured it out. Is there a way to find middle ground?!?!

Edited by corysold

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I have designed so far. Please don't laugh, I'm not the most artistic type and this took me about 3 months to figure out! The knotwork in the bottom quadrant will be in all four spots. Also, the center is supposed to be a claddagh ring, in case you can't tell! :wink:

?ui=2&ik=3138671d35&view=att&th=13b99fc8bb2620a5&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

?ui=2&ik=3138671d35&view=att&th=13b99fc8bb2620a5&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

Any other suggestions or ideas? This is my first tattoo, so I'm not certain what works/doesn't. I'm meeting with the artist in the next few weeks for his ideas, but since it is a pretty big commitment, the more comments the better I figure.

Thanks.

EDIT: That picture didn't post as big as I thought it would. Around the circle are my 4 kids names and the bottom is supposed to be the communion cup.

Is there a way to post it bigger? EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I figured it out. Is there a way to find middle ground?!?!

sign up at http://imgur.com/ you can host your own pictures. Like this picture of me holding my corgi by her life jacket

http://i.imgur.com/B8CRnl.jpg

Thanks Piratey. I had an account at photobucket already, so hopefully this works.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii614/corysold/tattoo2_zpsd90710d2.jpg

Two things. Make sure it's not huge. Huge tattoo's are terribad, palm of your hand is about right. The other thing? Make sure you're done spreading your seed, adding a fifth name would throw everything off!

Two things. Make sure it's not huge. Huge tattoo's are terribad, palm of your hand is about right. The other thing? Make sure you're done spreading your seed, adding a fifth name would throw everything off!

Oh, well then.

:scratches plan of nape of neck to ass:

In reality, I'm planning about that size on the inside of my forearm.

My advice - don't even get the tattoo. If you like the cross design you've drawn up then take the tattoo money to a local wood carver and see if he can design that celtic cross with engravings to hang in your house. That way your whole family can enjoy a classy piece of art.

Leviticus 19:28 “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print or tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord.”

if i was an xian like you, id follow the rules of the bible!

If I was an atheist like you, I'd apparently misinterpret the Bible as well!

At the time, it was common for the middle and lower class to tattoo the "marks" of their icons/idols/false gods upon them as a sign of worship/honor to them. The Lord suggested this wasn't a good idea.

Edited by corysold

If I was an atheist like you, I'd apparently misinterpret the Bible as well!

At the time, it was common for the middle and lower class to tattoo the "marks" of their icons/idols/false gods upon them as a sign of worship/honor to them. The Lord suggested this wasn't a good idea.

and yet you celebrate a pagan holiday.. hmm..

god wont be happy!