Quite Frankly

Guest domehead

Guest domehead

CW is scheduled to be on the new show on ESPN2 "Quite Frankly" I believe tomorrow night. Airing at 6:30 Central time...cant wait as Lou is supposed to be on also..time for people to start jumping on the Irish bandwagon..GO IRISH

Guest SirJohn

:D I thought this was a Rhett Butler item at first.

It sure does look like people are jumping on the train, the band wagon and anything else connected with Notre Dame. The more the merrier. It sure is nice to have something to smile and shout about once again.

Sir John :D :D :D :D

Guest domehead

LOL..never thought about that......you are right though the more the merrier..sure is a nice feeling...haven't felt "confident" in a long time...atleast confident in both the coach and the team at the same time..Here Come The IRISH

Guest Murph

I watched it, and besides the fact that Stephen A. Smith is a complete jackass I thought it was good. Did you guys see him try to bring in the race issue about the whol Willingham thing (Nice Try Steve :p )

Oh and the part where he tried to bring up Urban Meyer and Charlie quickly said "We're not talking about Urban Meyer!" It was Great!

Guest IrishTobey

I watched it last night and I thought it was good. I really thought Stephen A Smith was pretty good. Believe me, I get sick of ESPN but I thought he asked questions that had to be asked. He brought up the Paul Hornung comments, which is perfectly fair IMO, and I thought Rocket answered it beautifully. In a nut-shell Rocket said he thought what Hornung said was out of frustration and desperation to see ND succeed. Holtz was his typical self and had the audience on the edge of their seats. The best part was when the kid asked Weis about the inexperience on defense with only 3 starters coming back and Weis basically said that Minter and the staff will use that inexperience to get the guys "flying to the ball" I about jumped off the sofa. What a great answer from somebody who obviously gets it. I thought Weis handled the question concerning Ty only getting 3 years perfectly. Smith said it very fairly, in the past at ND it's been understood that coaches get five years and while that has not always been true it was with Faust and Davie. Weis just said that "for whatever reason Willingham was let go ND was going to bring in an ND guy" again I about jumped off the sofa. When Smith asked Rocket to tell coach Weis what to expect from a player at ND from a players standpoint and Rocket talked about the passion, and the childhood dream to play at ND, and the fact that they will do anything the coaches ask them to do, and so on I was about in tears. That was sweet. Smith asked Rocket about the last few years and he said the team lacked the fire and the motivation to win. He said basically that he felt like the team was not convinced it could win every game. In a nut-shell he meant it's the coachs job to prepare and motivate the team to play and those 2 tasks were rarely accomplished in the same week. Truthfully I wish I wouldn't have watched it because now the next 4 weeks are going to seem that much longer. Sep 3rd needs to get here fast before I implode.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Man I wish I would have been able to watch that. I knew the decision not to purchase a Tivo was gonna bite me in the arse! Anybody have a clue if they're going to air it again any time, or if it is available on the web?

Guest IrishTobey

ameratta sours. it's ameratta (sp?), i think sprite and some sort of cherry flavoring i think. my wife is great at making them. i would know more how they are made but after 2 or 3 i seem to forget everything :lol:

Guest domehead

shoot Tobey..being 20 minutes away I could pour it at my place and still have ice in it by the time it got to ya.. yes I know that by personal expirience...make the trip to LaGrange quite frequently..mother and step father live there..lotsa drinks been spilled between Angola and Lagrange :roll:

Guest IrishTobey

so your saying st rd 20 isn't the safest place to travel :lol:

i just graduated from Tri-State so I made that trip more times than I care to remember.

Guest IrishTobey

oh lord no, there are enough road apples the way it is. i work in Goshen and from Lagrange I get there via Emma and i get so sick of buggies and horse crap. that's the last thing we need :lol: