Asaph Schwapp

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Guest Snatchy_McPants

I started this thread because don't want to clog up the season countdown thread. I'm really excited to see what kind of player we are getting with Asaph Schwapp. His size and strength are ridiculous, and the little that I have read about him seems promising. The best part is that he is basically an unknown to the rest of the college football world (until he lays his first monster block and knocks some guy's head off). If you have any information on him, please post it here so we can all get up to speed.

Guest Murph

I'm hoping that he can really step it up and be a true fullback next season, so RPN can get some time at tailback. Imagine, Schwapp at Fullback and RPN at Tailback... ouch!

If you can remember SM, on the board we were talking about his little brother came and talked to us. He said he was REALLY excited to play for us. He is going to do some damage.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Murph, talk about a 1-2 PUNCH! Literally! I've always been a fan of RPN, I really hope he can have a great year under Weis and show his true ability.

Ryan, I don't recall that thread, do you have a link? Thanks!

Well it was back when he commited so it wouldn't be on their database anymore because they get rid of threads that haven't been posted on in 7 days. Sorry.

Guest Murph

Yeah. We have some very good running backs. RPN can play both, Darius Walker is a beast, Asaph Schwapp is huge, and I am very excited to see Justin Hoskins. I think he could also line up in the slot, be sort of a Reggie Bush.

Guest Irish19

I agree with your comment about Justin Hoskins. I have this gut feeling that he will be huge for us down the road. Asaph Schwapp sounds like a bruiser. He'll be money on goal line situations. We have a real solid, but shallow back field. We are two deep at positions where it seems necessary to be three deep and we better hope and pray that Brady Quinn doesn't get hurt because if he does, there goes the season.

Guest Murph

Yep, I just can't see us being even slightly competitive with Wolke or Bragg as a starter. I hope Sharpley learns fast and can step right into the number 2 spot.

Guest rustyzipper

Asaph Schwapp....... Or "The Beast From The East" as I like to call him. A 6-2, 250 pound recking ball, devastating blocker. Now get this. His high school team was rushing more than 400 yards per game with Schwapp blocking at fullback. Then his coach decides to let him run the ball. Holy crap!! His Senior year, in his first three games he had 373 yards on just 33 attempts and he scored four touchdowns.

I know he's not one of the most heralded players out there, but I'll guarantee you he'll be one of the most physically ready to play," said his high school coach, Robert Fleeting. "He's 250 pounds and it's all muscle. He works his butt off. If anyone can contribute as a true freshman, it's him. I don't think many realize what a great football player he is.

I do. And I know I'm gonna love to see Schwapp tear into the line.

Guest rustyzipper
Haha beast from the east. Those are some crazy numbers! Just makes me even more excited for the season.

You're tellin' me?! I live here. One very lonely mile from the stadium. I'm friggen board shit-less waiting for the season to start. :cry:

I don't know what's worse... Living there hearing about all the hype, or living away from it all not knowing much of anything except what I hear on the internet. Maybe I'll know both sides when I start searching for a place to live after college. :wink:

Guest Snatchy_McPants

I used to live in Fremont, IN which is about an hour directly east of Notre Dame on I-80/90. Now I live in Fort Wayne which will probably be a little longer drive. I'm thoroughly convinced that I'm not capable of living any further away. I spent 6 months "doing time" in Missouri on a bad career move but I just couldn't stomach having to miss all the away games because the networks showed the Big XII crap. I've always claimed that I'm going to move down south some day and forget that winter ever existed, but who am I kidding? There's nothing in the world like gameday on the campus of YOUR NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH!

You think you're fed up with the Big 12, yeah come down to Texas. lol. I have to find a bar thats playing the Pitt game if I even want to see Weis's first game.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

It's times like that when you really appreciate those NCAA season pass programs and whatnot. Imagine where we would be if we only had the network channels to catch games on Saturdays? YIKES. At least you can roll down to BW3's and stand a good chance of seeing the game on one of their 11 billion screens.

Haha. Yeah I've found that there are a few bars playing the game. I think I'll go to the one where the ND club of Dallas goes. That'd be pretty cool.

Guest ND2k9

I've been a RPN fan ever since Cretin-Derham Hall played my beloved Eden Prairie in the state championship, when he had two kick-return TD's and about 170 yards. In that game played more of my heroes-Mark Levoir, and Joe Mauer (now cathching for my Minnesota Twins, originally signed to QB for the Criminoles), and i'm SURE ryan harris was in the stands. Let's hope harris and RPN can lure matt carufel to SOuth Bend, eh?

Guest Snatchy_McPants

I'll second that! I too have always been a fan of RPN, I just wish he could have played under a better staff. I think he has more to give than what we've seen thus far.