My first ever poll......

Guest Snatchy_McPants

What team would you rather see the Irish start up a series with?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you rather see the Irish start up a series with?

• Ohio State
    • Miami
    • Florida
    • LSU
    • Auburn
    • Alabama
    • Texas
    • Oklahoma
    • Other (explain in post)

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Ok, all this talk about future scheduling makes me wonder. Who should we face in the future? (An explanation of your choice would be most appreciated)

Guest Irish19

I voted for Miami for two reasons. My favorite all-time ND moments were when the Irish and Hurricanes got into those pre-game battles. You just don't see that kind of hatred anymore between two teams. Miami (along with OSU) is my most hated non-ND rival. Also, Miami doesn't have the talent it used to so I think that the Irish could pull off the high profile win. Beating Miami would do wonders for exposure and recruiting.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Interesting responses so far. I'll admit, I was the one who voted for the Bucks, simply because I want to be able to shut them up for at least one season. I think the fairly close proximity of the schools coupled with some very loyal fans (and I choose my words carefully here) would make for one hell of a home and home series. Texas would definitely be interesting, I'd like us to have the same dominance over them as Oklahoma. Plus we don't really have much interest in the Big XII as of late. Then of course there's Miami, and who wouldn't like to rekindle the "Catholics vs. Convicts" magic, tunnel fights being an added bonus. Florida could be an intense matchup, especially if both programs take off under their new coaches. Imagine ND and Florida going on amazing runs to meet for a national championship. Great for the fans, and the press would have a field day................maybe I'll have to change my vote! I wish we could get more people to come over to this board and cast their votes. I'm curious what the final numbers would look like.

Guest IrishHog

I also voted for the bucks. The main reason is because I'm an Ohioan, but loyal ND fan for life. I have to take the constant abuse from all the O$U fans every year. Even when we started strong Ty's first year they still had to throw the back to back losses in my face. I need to shut them up. Also, from a recruiting stand point, I feel it is key for ND to rebuild the pipeline to the Ohio kids that are going to O$U and Michiweasal. That's why I love that we already have 3 Ohio boys verbally committed for next year. With that said, any of the teams listed on the poll would make for a great game to watch on saturday.

Guest domehead

My vote was for a match up with Miami..I too remember those classic pre-game battles and the theme of Catholics vs. convicts.. I have always had deep hatred for that team ever since.. no matter who they are playing. As far as any match ups with the other teams.. like Roland Martin would say "oh son", those opposing teams better not want any part of the Irish..cause we are back..and oh what a feeling it is..cant wait to hear " here come the IRISH".

Guest KBNoTReDaMe

This is such an easy one for me. I am going to the University of Miami in a month. Also, my older brother is on Miami's football team and I have friends on the Miami football team (I just talked to Willie Williams yesterday...he's a good friend). There is no doubt it would be so much fun to see the Irish and the Canes play each other. If the Irish won, that would even make it so much sweeter.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Willie Williams huh? I'd be curious to talk to him, to find out just how bad the media really portrayed him. We've all made mistakes in the past (many in my case), but I'd like to hear his side. My step-sister went to Miami, but I'm willing to bet she never set foot in the stadium. She went there for the sunshine and nightlife. I'll never understand that............

Guest Irish19

There is no doubt in my mind that the Irish could gain soo much by playing Miami. That's awesome that you know Willie Williams. He was like a top 10 player coming out of HS.

Guest KBNoTReDaMe

Yeah Willie is actually a pretty nice person. He has made mistakes, but nothing too serious. Worse was robbing a candy store. And he has told my brother that growing up he pretty much jusst got in trouble so he could avoid going home (family problems). Also, he's a pretty smart kid, as well.

Guest IrishTobey

I voted for the Bucks. I think it's important to play and recruit in the midwest. I know ND is a national program but I think it's important to dominate our area of the country. There have been too many Lorenzo Bookers and Reggie Bushes that have left ND at the altar. Lets circle the wagons and get the kids from Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Penn, Missouri, and New Jersey and then add a few from else where. I love the fact that Weis is bringing in the midwest kids first and then building from there. I think playing Ohio State would help that battle.

Guest rustyzipper

I voted other b/c I want to play Iowa. Anybody that knows anything about Iowa and there big mouth fan base does not need an explanation as to why I choose them. For those that don't. Surf on over their rivals board and take a look at how they talk about Notre Dame. It's disrespect to the extreme.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Iowa! I knew there was somebody I was forgetting. Then again, is it all that hard to forget about Iowa in the first place? ;) That is an intriguing thought though. I have many good friends who are Iowa transplants and very proud, and *gasp* respectful Iowa fans. That would make for a great gameday. Good suggestion!

Guest ND2k9

My top three teams i would want to play would be

1. West Virginia- they played during the davy depression, ND winning the last one, and my best friend is a huge WV fan

2. Florida- Urban vs. Weis....what's not to love?

3. Army-Watch Knute Rockne All-American for an explanation on this one....Beating Army put ND (and passing) on the map.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Looks like you're going to get your wish for Army next season. I would bet we'll probably see a matchup with WV in the not too distant future since we have had a series with them recently and because of the depleting numbers in the Big Least.