NBC Announcer Changes

1 minute ago, JeffV said:

Exactly.  They kept GARRETT?!

Yeah, super dumb!

I’m okay with Hicks for now, with Noah Eagle and Todd Blackledge at times, but keeping Garrett is so dumb!

Par for the course really, because NBC always seems to want the Color Commentator to be as biased toward Notre Dame as possible. I mean, they hardly say anything good about Notre Dame, but find a way to talk up the away team. Like of real, this announcing is anything but in favor of Notre Dame.

Drives me crazy!

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Baldy said:

I’m annoyed it’s Collinsworth that’s leaving, because it should be Garrett!

As always, NBC isn’t listening to the fan base. 🙄

Collinsworth was awful.  I was excited as soon as I saw his name.

2 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Collinsworth was awful.  I was excited as soon as I saw his name.

I’m sorry, but he was not awful. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t as bad as Garrett!

Garrett=🗑️ 

• Heart 1

I don't really care too much who's announcing, I'm locked in on the game.  But Mayock always had some insider tidbits and Tirico made it more enjoyable somehow.  I forgave Jac a lot b/c he's still fairly new.  I liked Eagle this past year, thought he was impressive.  I know I've seen/heard Hicks, but don't know much.  Garrett falls flat for me - low energy and meh analysis, but he doesn't overtake the game for me.

I've really enjoyed Burmeister and Ryan Harris on the radio when I opt out of Peacock games or if I happen to be driving somewhere.  Seems like they'd get a look by now.

Edited by JeffV
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Baldy said:

I’m sorry, but he was not awful. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t as bad as Garrett!

Garrett=🗑️ 

Give him the length of time Garrett gets to speak and your opinion may change.  Plus, he carries himself like a woke kid.  It was a little too much for me.  I agree that Garrett isn’t great but he’s way better than Mayock…. Let’s not do that again.  Haha

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

8 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

I like Dan Hicks. Married to Hannah Storm. They have ND Connections too.

2015 is coming back in alot of ways

image.png

except Doug Flutie

If I remember correctly Hannah lived in Farley Hall when she attended ND.

6 hours ago, JeffV said:

I don't really care too much who's announcing, I'm locked in on the game.  But Mayock always had some insider tidbits and Tirico made it more enjoyable somehow.  I forgave Jac a lot b/c he's still fairly new.  I liked Eagle this past year, thought he was impressive.  I know I've seen/heard Hicks, but don't know much.  Garrett falls flat for me - low energy and meh analysis, but he doesn't overtake the game for me.

I've really enjoyed Burmeister and Ryan Harris on the radio when I opt out of Peacock games or if I happen to be driving somewhere.  Seems like they'd get a look by now.

You’re not wrong! Most of the time I’m not listening either. I just hate it when Garrett finds ways to talk about the other opposing team and what they need to do to win. Seems constant, but most of the Color Commentators did that. Must be an NBC requirement! 🙄😂

But I would love to have Burmeister and Harris! Man, they would be amazing and I’d probably actually listen to them! 🤣

It’s pretty obvious here that we all can’t stand the Color Commentator. The reason is it seems NBC tells them they need to be as biased as possible.

The problem is, that bias turns into hate for Notre Dame. Mayock, Flutie, and Brees all appeared to be that way, and Garret sure as hell does! Shoot, I remember Pat Haden was that way as well!

Oh well, it is what it is I guess and we’re all just going to have to deal with it. 😑