Faith's Off-Season Football Film Frenzy

Here's the idea.

I'm   gonna search for as many 2015  Notre full games as possible, then i'm going to search for as many 2023 LSU full games as possible.

Then I'm going to compare.

I want to compare the offenses and see what changed for denbrock and the guys over the years.

Plus I'm a bit bored. Join in if you'd like!

• Heart 1

1st formations

ND vs Texas (2015)

image.png

image.png

Spread shotgun in both cases Tops a traditional wide receiver set bottoms a bunch set.

Both start with motion

2015  ND Zaire hands off a jet sweep for a short gain.

2023- LSU runs RPO to the flat and gets a guy wide open for a big gain.

One of the main differences with a Denbrock offense is the targeted/ featured. receivers 

In the 2015 ND Game

• Fuller against zone (flutie kept saying in the 2nd window)
  • Carlisle with the screen draw RPO
  • Robinson with the button hooks or deep return routes

Here's Zaire just asked to make a play. 5 0ut in the pattern, rare pass protection breaks down. Malik Makes the guy miss but knows where Will  Fuller is.

2 other things I want you to notice are pass protection and tempo. Because Denbrock doesn't carry as many groups of people to change as Rees/Parker did he can go fast. Remember if ND doesn't sub the other team can't either!

Here Adams on that heavy end around play.

Ironically Denbrock had really started using that play in the music city bowl the year Prior with CJ Prosise. But Folston got injured so he needed Josh to be the sweep guy that game. First score of an epic ND career for Josh Adams.

This ones a QB counter run. You'll see Malik take one step toward the tight ends, Then go the other way by Design.

Denbrock wants the offense as QB driven as possible

Its just a numbers game When the QB is a threat in the run game its 11 on 11.

Last year when Hartman handed the ball off he was thinking about the next play. This  year, Leonard will at least draw a "spy" type player. This gives the offense much more space and makes the defense pay for 1 missed tackle. In this offense one missed tackle can mean 20 + yards. In the Rees Parker offenses players were much closer together so one defender can pick up another's missed tackle. This one its harder,

Look at All the Room Zaire has just because of where the corner for Texas has to line up.

here the "inverted Veer" Carlisle veering outside and QB zaire playing the FB dive role.

This is the essence of pass to set up the run. End of the half. Tie game backed up safeties deep. Little safe inside draw run  breaks  breaks loose for 20+yards.. Its going to be A BIG ADJUSTMENT for fans next year. Its going to appear like ND never runs the ball.  

The theory of this offense you run it when you get the right box count. if 5 to block 5 or 6 to block 6 or 7 to block 7 you will run it. If the defense has 1 more rusher you option 1. But will look like a lot of throws. But look at the yardage and points instead of the formations. The QB will run a lot more.