Players or Coaches Over the Years Who Were Hard to Root Against?

Mike
This post was recognized by Mike!

InLikeFlynn was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

Ok fellas, another post to pass the time  🙂

Do you have any players or coaches over the years that you had a hard time rooting against?  I know we always root for Notre Dame no matter who they play, but was there a player or coach that would lessen the blow (even a little) if they beat the Irish?  Even caught yourself rooting for them as long as the opponent wasn't the Irish?

For me it was Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo. and Mark Richt   Don't ask me why, I never met these guys or anything like that, just had a feeling that they were good dudes and something in me rooted for them.  Not much insight on this topic, just throwing it out there.

I will follow it up on the flip side next   🙂

GO IRISH!

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

NineOk fellas, another post to pass the time  🙂

Do you have any players or coaches over the years that you had a hard time rooting against?  I know we always root for Notre Dame no matter who they play, but was there a player or coach that would lessen the blow (even a little) if they beat the Irish?  Even caught yourself rooting for them as long as the opponent wasn't the Irish?

For me it was Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo. and Mark Richt   Don't ask me why, I never met these guys or anything like that, just had a feeling that they were good dudes and something in me rooted for them.  Not much insight on this topic, just throwing it out there.

GO IRISH!

Ken Niu….I understand but there were times on the sidelines and press  conferences where I thought he came off as a “dik.”  Just my opinion. 

Dick Vermil always seemed like a good dude. Mack Brown as he has gotten older seems to have that charm. 
Chris Peterson seemed genuine. 
Always liked the Pirate. 

• Heart 2

35 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Ken Niu….I understand but there were times on the sidelines and press  conferences where I thought he came off as a “dik.”  Just my opinion. 

Dick Vermil always seemed like a good dude. Mack Brown as he has gotten older seems to have that charm. 
Chris Peterson seemed genuine. 
Always liked the Pirate. 

Agreed, Ken N is in the same category as David Shaw for me: d!ck.  Always liked Mike Leach, Peterson as well. Right now I think Aranda and Brohm are pushing into that area for me too. Maybe Fickell until he eventually goes to osu and I don’t like him

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Ok fellas, another post to pass the time  🙂

GO IRISH!

I never really liked Ken. There was just something about him, likely the constant smug face he always had. 😂

I did really like Mark Richt too. I just felt he was genuine, and seemed to run his teams the right way.

I also always liked Mack Brown, Chris Petersen, and Randy Edsall.

• Flames 1