Blue-Gold Game Takeaways

Just now, ndomer4 said:

I didn't watch the game but from the highlights...

- So much for the QB competition. Hartman looked like he did at Wake. He went threw his reads, was decisive, accurate and took care of the ball. Buchner looks like he has regressed if anything and the younger guys didn't look like anything special either. I know, it's a spring game and they don't mean much, but we all knew Hartman was the guy and it was just nice to see him clicking after all the reports.

- Thomas and Greathouse looked really good. I wonder how the other receivers would have looked with Hartman. 

- Tyson Ford stood out to me, he is a massive human ala Tuitt. I think people are sleeping on this defensive line. There are a ton of fringe top 100 recruits and we suddenly have a lot of bodies and a lot of size. 

Couldn't gather any more from the highlights. How did the linebackers, offensive line, running backs and defensive backs look? Who else stood out? 

linebackers impresed me. Tackling looked alot smoother than anytime last year. Only one big run. I think the starters on the oline looked good. Joe alt was with Sam Hartman and Gold kept scoring.

Not many scholarship running backs played very long. Payne looked good. Estime got one series.

Buchner's offensive line without Alt, struggled more.

• Flames 1

It was hard to tell just watching the extended highlights, but it looked like C. Lewis got beaten badly a few times and missed a tackle that led to a TD.  Hopefully that was just a blip.

Heard Onye continued to impress, as well as the younger LBs (Ziegler, Zinter, Ausberry, etc.)

• Heart 3

OMG, I was just happy to see a ND QB looking down the field first instead of locking in to the TE or throwing sideline to sideline. We actually have a QB that looks first to throw down the field and he can accurately throw those deeper crossing and vertical routes . 

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, NIL and Void said:

It was hard to tell just watching the extended highlights, but it looked like C. Lewis got beaten badly a few times and missed a tackle that led to a TD.  Hopefully that was just a blip.

Heard Onye continued to impress, as well as the younger LBs (Ziegler, Zinter, Ausberry, etc.)

I did listen to a few commentaries that praised the young linebackers that you just mentioned. I would still hate to lose Prince, but it would definitely soften the blow. I just know that I've seen him flash more in a few plays than I have seen from Liufau in his entire career. Bertrand, Kiser and Liufau are not a top 25 caliber linebacking core. If ND wants to compete for a title, it needs athletes like Kollie, Sneed, Ausberry and Ziegler on the field. 

3 hours ago, NIL and Void said:

Welcome to DomerDomain great post. Awesome choice of screename too!!!