Xs and O's: Pick your Poison! Hartman or Estime

image.png\\

Can you imagine a team playing Estime or Diggs like this.

I can.

image.png

Estime splits those safeties and runs forever

Oh I know I'll  stack the box! Can you imagine playing Sam Hartman like...

image.png

He's getting to a deep middle over route.

So defensive coordinator:

Pick your poison!

A. Split those safeties deep, See if your backers can tackle Audric and Diggs 1 on 1 with a full burst up the middle.

B. Bring an extra hat to the run party. See if Sam makes your other safety looks silly.

Defensive Coordinators:

You'll probably give up points any way you do it. I assume the safeties will be back and our backs will rumble. But when you get tired of that. You'll have to gamble sometime and Sam is just waiting to chuck it over your head for a TD!

• Heart 3

It will depend on the O-line, and the OC, to make these things work. ND has very good skill position players now. Maybe the best across the board that they’ve had in a couple decades(?).  If the O-line and OC are effective  it will be hard to stop this team. 

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

It will depend on the O-line, and the OC, to make these things work. ND has very good skill position players now. Maybe the best across the board that they’ve had in a couple decades(?).  If the O-line and OC are effective  it will be hard to stop this team. 

If everyone's clicking and healthy they should compete with the best offenses in the nation. Thats gotta be the expectation this season.

• Heart 1

Watching Hartman’s highlights has me so pumped!  With the running backs Notre Dame has right now, and the way Hartman can throw on the run, and throw a deep ball where pretty much only his receiver can catch it, this offense could be close to unstoppable!

Hartman can use his legs and extend plays as well, and appears to have great pocket awareness!  Man, the sky’s the limit for the offense!

So, my poison would be a proper balance of Estime and Hartman, because I don’t think any teams can stop the both of them while they’re working together.

• Heart 1

You're either locked 1-on-1 backside with no help, or you're running a lot of zone.  As a DC, I'd disguise a roll zone coverage, trying to roll underneath the play side, and also run blitz LB's.  Hartman may pick you apart, or a missed tackle could be costly, but it seems like the best risk reward from a defensive standpoint.  You'd have to mix man with a single high S, of course.  

This offense looks strong.  Parker has plenty to work with.  Most complete and talented overall group I can remember in a long time.  Activate win now mode.

• Flames 1
  • Leprechaun 1