Tight End U

FaithInIrish Forever
This post was recognized by FaithInIrish Forever!

ObieKnobbe was awarded the badge 'Great Content'

Still Tight End U!  Did a little research after that big Brock Wright TD the other night.
Right now we have 4 NFL tight ends all with at least one TD

Tremble (Panthers) 2 TD's
Smythe (Dolphins)  1 TD
Kmet  (Bears)  5TD
Wright (Lions)  2TD

Not to bad with Mayer on the way into the league!  

Go Irish!

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

• 2 weeks later...

Smythe is making plays as well. Imagine if Eifert didn’t have his career cut short due to injuries. 

I wonder how productive Brock Wright would have been if he had a more featured role here. I think he was a five star recruit, wasn’t he? Regardless, he’s turned into quite the player for Detroit. 

Edited by ndomer4

3 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

Smythe is making plays as well. Imagine if Eifert didn’t have his career cut short due to injuries. 

I wonder how productive Brock Wright would have been if he had a more featured role here. I think he was a five star recruit, wasn’t he? Regardless, he’s turned into quite the player for Detroit. 

Brock was criminally under used while he was here.  As well as others.

There is zero reason when you have the TE talent that we do, not to exploit it.  We run multiple sets with more than one TE but insist that only one is the "receiving" TE and the other is merely a blocker.  Pardon my french but thats friging retarded and we've been doing it for a long time. 

Iowa found a way to use both TJ Hockenson and Noah Fant on the field together.  Both are in the league.  I believe Georgia uses both Bowers and Washington in formations together a ton as well, they both get lots of targets, and look they're competing for another NC.

TE's can be so versatile and its one position we generally are never short on talent.  But again we run the offense as only one is allowed to catch and the other is a blocker or H-back.  At least Evans got some special TE QB sneaks a few times during the season...

Edited by jessemoore97
  • Heart 3

Agree.  I get that there are only so many balls to go around but it seems like we have backups that could be used more and all we do are use them for blocking.  Then if they are good enough they may have a season where they can get a few more receiving catches.  Lots of mismatches if used right.  

• Heart 1