ND victory over MSU

Was a nice résumé builder tonight. Michigan State is really banged up and I expect their ranking to increase significantly later on in the season.

Notre Dame seems to still live and die by the 3 pointer.

Shoot 10% 3PT against St Bonaventure and lose

Shoot over 40% 3PT against Michigan State and win

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...

This season is going to be ugly for ND.  They have a major deficiency on the interior due to Brey's poor roster construction management / recruiting.

I only hope it forces the discussion of whether to turn the keys over to someone else.  I'm grateful for some of the strong seasons Brey gave us, but it's clear he is not keeping up with what's needed in today's game. 

• Heart 1

Right - not having big men is killing us.  Laz is not a big man, even though that's how we play him.  Lubin I think is going to be really good, but I don't think he's the 6'8" he is listed.  Not having a true center and some serviceable bigs was a huge error this year.

That and only playing 7 guys is killing the guys that are out there, leading to our poor defensive performances I think.

I, too, love Brey, but I do think it is time to gracefully turn it over to someone else.  Not sure who that is, or who would want that task, but it is time.

• Heart 1

On 12/23/2022 at 8:17 AM, irishrush said:

Right - not having big men is killing us.  Laz is not a big man, even though that's how we play him.  Lubin I think is going to be really good, but I don't think he's the 6'8" he is listed.  Not having a true center and some serviceable bigs was a huge error this year.

That and only playing 7 guys is killing the guys that are out there, leading to our poor defensive performances I think.

I, too, love Brey, but I do think it is time to gracefully turn it over to someone else.  Not sure who that is, or who would want that task, but it is time.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I have been saying that about Laz for the last two years. Mike B knew it too. I love Brey but there comes a time for all when you just gracefully move on.