Pyne Appreciation

1 minute ago, BTC4 said:

Agreed college football free agency, smh. What has college athletics come, I am fine with guys opting out not wanting to play because they are turning pro. But opting out to transfer to another school is just craziness. Sad time for college athletics in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of it either but  I guess ND's going to be a part of it. They resisted a bit at first but its like the 1 and done in college basketball, every top school seems to be using it like a 5th recruiting class

8 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I'm not a huge fan of it either but  I guess ND's going to be a part of it. They resisted a bit at first but its like the 1 and done in college basketball, every top school seems to be using it like a 5th recruiting class

I don’t disagree that ND has to be a part of it to be successful. I don’t fault the players because they should have been making legit money decades ago. The player movement I have an issue with, because it is worse than professional. No contracts, nothing to honor. Leave whenever you feel like it. ND couple pay Maye from UNC 10 mil to play and they could win it all, but are you going to get the same satisfaction? I like to see the growth over the years and the development of the program, because that is much different than the pros. This isn’t ‘college’ sports in any way shape or form anymore which is fine. Just not my cup of tea until we can play fantasy football with it lol. 

• Heart 1

Just now, BTC4 said:

I don’t disagree that ND has to be a part of it to be successful. I don’t fault the players because they should have been making legit money decades ago. The player movement I have an issue with, because it is worse than professional. No contracts, nothing to honor. Leave whenever you feel like it. ND couple pay Maye from UNC 10 mil to play and they could win it all, but are you going to get the same satisfaction? I like to see the growth over the years and the development of the program, because that is much different than the pros. This isn’t ‘college’ sports in any way shape or form anymore which is fine. Just not my cup of tea until we can play fantasy football with it lol. 

Exactly. The educational thing bothers me an ND degree changes lives. 1 year at ND will help you but four years will change your life.

12 minutes ago, BTC4 said:

That’s the funny thing. People complained that kids were being taken advantage of. “Exploiting college athletes for money.  Well, now they are getting paid but they are being exploited even more and don’t realize it. 

2 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Exactly. The educational thing bothers me an ND degree changes lives. 1 year at ND will help you but four years will change your life.

Until we understand his situation (ND academic), and where he goes, can't make any assumptions. 

Have they said if he's on track to graduate early? Or where is leaning?

And still has 2 years eligibility, correct?

My guess, doubt he goes to shit college (academically). 

Just now, OKelleyIrish said:

Until we understand his situation (ND academic), and where he goes, can't make any assumptions. 

Have they said if he's on track to graduate early? Or where is leaning?

And still has 2 years eligibility, correct?

My guess, doubt he goes to shit college (academically). 

Was speaking of the portal in general more than Pyne. I'm just wondering what Caleb Williams is studying?

• Heart 1

57 minutes ago, Frankus said:

He’s a tough kid, who improved as the season progressed. Good luck to him. If I were him, I’d go to an IVY school. He has no shot at the NFL. 

Yeah,  think that would be smart.  Although, I'm sure he thinks he has a shot.  

• Heart 1