When I stopped worrying.

I Stopped worrying when the actions started following the words

At his Introductory and bowl game press conference Freeman said I want to run the ball and stop the run 

ND did NONE of that vs OKST

ND did NONE of that vs Ohio State

ND did very little of that Against Marshall.

ND started doing that vs the 2nd Half vs Cal

ND Did that vs UNC

I think it  took Marcus a bit to say I'm the Head Coach. My assistants have voices but the wins and losses go on my record. The final decision is MINE. I think thats something we will continue to see because this is the first time Freeman has been head coach and has final say on gameday.

• Heart 1

I like the positivity, but let’s not get carried away. We were able to run the ball effectively because UNC has arguably the worst P5 defence in college football. 

ND couldn’t run the ball vs Okie State, OSU and Marshall because the offensive line couldn’t get a push. Some will say it’s because we were up against a stacked box and while there is some truth to that, HH’s lines have always laid an egg vs teams with equal or greater talent (lesser in Marshall and Okie State’s case). 

I’ll stop worrying once we dominate the LOS vs teams like BYU and Syracuse. I don’t expect them to dominate Clemson but for crying out loud just don’t get manhandled all game… they’re going to have to run for about 150-200 for us to win that game. 

3 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

I like the positivity, but let’s not get carried away. We were able to run the ball effectively because UNC has arguably the worst P5 defence in college football. 

ND couldn’t run the ball vs Okie State, OSU and Marshall because the offensive line couldn’t get a push. Some will say it’s because we were up against a stacked box and while there is some truth to that, HH’s lines have always laid an egg vs teams with equal or greater talent (lesser in Marshall and Okie State’s case). 

I’ll stop worrying once we dominate the LOS vs teams like BYU and Syracuse. I don’t expect them to dominate Clemson but for crying out loud just don’t get manhandled all game… they’re going to have to run for about 150-200 for us to win that game. 

Its larger scale than wins and losses though too. What I'm talking about is Freeman becoming a head coach. Whenever you are newly hired to a decision making position its hard to know how much to change and how much to keep. Especially taking over a relatively successful operation.

I stopped after the L to Marshall. 

Bad loss, and crashed season (playoffs, big bowl)

Why worry now lol... 

Freeman deserves patience. He's a rook.

Just hope the recruiting class doesn't crash too.  

IMO, OL will improve over season. 

Just want a W vs either (or both) Clemson or USC (be spoiler).... 

• Heart 1

I stop worrying when the game ends. It's easy for me to rationalize positivity, because: I don't have any control over the outcome, and I have more fun that way. 

As my wife and friends can attest, I can get pretty pissy during a game. I can't seem to shake that "meatball fan' mentality entirely. However, once the game is over, the result slides off my back pretty quickly. 

Then, it's back to looking forward to the next chance to watch a win.

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 2

On 9/29/2022 at 9:09 PM, ndomer4 said:

There was some truth to the stacked box, but I think that has changed a bit with Pyne under center. He's shown an ability to hurt teams with his arm while Buchner did not.  Marshall not only stacked the box, they consistently ran run blitzes. Couple that with the fact that there was also no push by the line...and well, embarrassing loss. 

Truth also to what you said about UNC. Awful, awful defense.  Looking forward to seeing where we really are vs BYU.

• Heart 1