2025 - Camps?

Hi,

I have a friend who's son will be leaving Canada and heading to a prep school in the USA for Football.  His Dad so far knows very little about how recruiting works.  His prep school coach is well connected and I have seen kids from the school being recruited to big time programs.   As a 2025 should he be hitting a few camps this summer?  If so any suggestions?  He is an unknown player at this time...in high school plays anywhere from defensive end, interior d-line, linebacker, tight end and even running back.   Based on his Dad and current size will be  6'4" plus and can likely easily carry weight above 250.  Currently maybe 6'2 and 220?

Competition in high school here is weak and club team only slightly better thus the decision to enroll in USA.

Any thoughts on camps would be appreciated. I understand some are invite only but I was thinking he should attend a few next month to get his feet wet before he reports to his school late July.

2 hours ago, Synoptico said:

Also go to school camps where you are interested, but realistic, this will not only provide instruction but also get an evaluation. 

Yes...not sure how good he is to be honest.  Up hear he dominates but against weak competition and he does have speed and size but will need some good coaching thus the reason he is headed south to prep school.  I of course will suggest the ND camp but maybe some other closer schools as well to gauge the level.  

7 minutes ago, 1Redrum said:

Yes...not sure how good he is to be honest.  Up hear he dominates but against weak competition and he does have speed and size but will need some good coaching thus the reason he is headed south to prep school.  I of course will suggest the ND camp but maybe some other closer schools as well to gauge the level.  

Talk to his high school coach to get a realistic perspective. Remember, only like 1% of high school athletes play college athletics. The VAST majority play in D3 or D2. with only the top of the top playing in D1. To play at ND you need to be a top 300 player. Not saying you dont try, but also be realistic in other camps. 

His current high school coach knows he is the best player on his team or any team he played. Mostly as he is big and fast and a little bit mean.  His new coach in the USA has only seem him play on video so we will see.  It will be a big year next year to adjust to the size and speed for him I am sure.  

3 hours ago, 1Redrum said:

His current high school coach knows he is the best player on his team or any team he played. Mostly as he is big and fast and a little bit mean.  His new coach in the USA has only seem him play on video so we will see.  It will be a big year next year to adjust to the size and speed for him I am sure.  

Syracuse recruits Canada and is only a couple of hours from Ottawa. 

• Heart 1