ND in, but.. in play-in

At the beginning of the season I never would have thought this possible. Even in a weaker ACC, reaching 20 wins is pretty darn good. Regardless of how they do in the ACC tourney, they’re going to the NCAA tournament. I think they’ll win two games there. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, AnTostal said:

Win #21 today. 

Yes and with two regular season games to go it assures them of at least a top 4 finish in the ACC. The top four teams get two bye games in the ACC tournament.

Edited by ND_JACK

15 hours ago, ND_JACK said:

Yes and with two regular season games to go it assures them of at least a top 4 finish in the ACC. The top four teams get two bye games in the ACC tournament.

The current ACC standings:

https://theacc.com/standings.aspx?path=mbball

It seems like few have been the years when ND has been above Louisville, Syracuse, and Virginia in ACC basketball standings. 

Edited by AnTostal
  • Heart 1

My family has had season tickets since 1968. This basketball program is going nowhere. The fact that Brey still has a job says all you need to know about how much ND cares about basketball. They are just fine with mediocrity. 

11 hours ago, Frankus said:

My family has had season tickets since 1968. This basketball program is going nowhere. The fact that Brey still has a job says all you need to know about how much ND cares about basketball. They are just fine with mediocrity. 

Agree…..Brey really lucked out this year. A Home town kid delivered to his door step and a Ivy League transfer wanting to further his education…or else we probably be in last place

We have a terrible seed.  Rutgers is tough, then Alabama will kill us if we get past Rutgers.  It is a slight slap on the face, but I actually do not think we are that good.  We showed by laying an egg vs FSU and then coming out flat vs VT (even though they won it all) that we are mediocre and have been winning with smoke and mirrors vs a weak ACC.

We do have a good class coming in next year, but I do think Brey has lost it.

• Cheers 1