Down goes Bama

30 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

What an epic choke by Auburn. But also, the OT rules are stupid. There’s no way that game should’ve been decided that way.

Agreed.  That was so dumb.  When did they make those rules?  I thought they did regular drives from the 25.  But after the 3rd overtime they had to go for 2 points instead of kicking the extra point. 

18 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Agreed.  That was so dumb.  When did they make those rules?  I thought they did regular drives from the 25.  But after the 3rd overtime they had to go for 2 points instead of kicking the extra point. 

I feel like it’s been that way for awhile. Since that Tennessee game way back when Jason Whitten played for them and it went like 8 OT’s. They didn’t want teams players getting hurt because of the fatigue that’s put on them.  We could always go back to tie’s. Yuck. 

6 hours ago, coltssb said:

I feel like it’s been that way for awhile. Since that Tennessee game way back when Jason Whitten played for them and it went like 8 OT’s. They didn’t want teams players getting hurt because of the fatigue that’s put on them.  We could always go back to tie’s. Yuck. 

No way.  That would have been forever ago.  My memory can't be that shot lol.

7 hours ago, coltssb said:

The new rules just took effect this year.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-overtime-rules-2021/1lf235z8s976v1wkvuvoyn9qff

24 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Whoa. Ok. I don’t have cbs so I didn’t get to see the Bama game. I thought you guys were dating two point conversions after “touchdowns” after the third OT. Wow. Two point conversions ONLY!  Crazy. My fault. I completely misread that!  Thanks for the info!

17 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Whoa. Ok. I don’t have cbs so I didn’t get to see the Bama game. I thought you guys were dating two point conversions after “touchdowns” after the third OT. Wow. Two point conversions ONLY!  Crazy. My fault. I completely misread that!  Thanks for the info!

You're not the only one who misunderstood what I said.  Idk how could have been clearer though 🤷‍♂️lol

On 11/28/2021 at 2:12 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

...I thought they did regular drives from the 25.  But after the 3rd overtime they had to go for 2 points instead of kicking the extra point.