Close game out west!

26 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

He did his Les Miles. Caught a great transfer QB a great offensive Coordinator mind and a great and a defensive coordinator in a great recruiting state. 

I said that 2 yrs ago on here and got blasted. Joe Burrow, Joe Brady, and Dave Aranda, won that title. I feel bad dragging the guy, but his entire coaching success is a house of cards propped up by his cult of personality 

• Heart 1

Just now, ELDER06 said:

I said that 2 yrs ago on here and got blasted. Joe Burrow, Joe Brady, and Dave Aranda, won that title. I feel bad dragging the guy, but his entire coaching success is a house of cards propped up by his cult of personality 

Sounds alot like the Mad Hatter. Except Miles was set up by Saban and coached offensive line, where coach O coached D-line and was known for recruiting.

1 minute ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Sounds alot like the Mad Hatter. Except Miles was set up by Saban and coached offensive line, where coach O coached D-line and was known for recruiting.

He at least had a reasonably successful track record as HC at Ok St. Orgeron was never a good HC.

4 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

The DC they brought in to replace Aranda, Bo Pelini, certainly screwed the pooch down there. The other guy they brought in on offense, I think as passing game guru, was Scott Linehan. Both of them lasted just the 1 season. So LSU is now on their 3rd DC in as many seasons.

Sounds like Bo Pelini is LSU's version of BVG!

I like both Ed O and Kelly as coaches, but dislike mostly the SEC and PAC in general lol. 

That said, great win for Chip, he needed it most. Both coaches have warming (not hot) seats. 

I don't think LSU is top 10 or anything, but losing out West after Ida and having to relocate to Houston this last week for practice allows me to give them a pass. They'll have plenty of opportunity to make noise the rest of the year. I had them losing 3 this year, but UCLA was not one of them lol.... Bama and TAMU should be Ls. UF toss up.

UCLA/Kelly needs to do two things this year. Improve recruiting, and beat USC.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

I like both Ed O and Kelly as coaches, but dislike mostly the SEC and PAC in general lol. 

That said, great win for Chip, he needed it most. Both coaches have warming (not hot) seats. 

I don't think LSU is top 10 or anything, but losing out West after Ida and having to relocate to Houston this last week for practice allows me to give them a pass. They'll have plenty of opportunity to make noise the rest of the year. I had them losing 3 this year, but UCLA was not one of them lol.... Bama and TAMU should be Ls. UF toss up.

Kelly needs to do a third thing this year.  Stop pumping the brakes when they're up.  Go for the jugular when the chance is there so the kids can get in some mop up time.

Edited by NYGoldenDomer
  • Heart 1

6 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

LSU averages a recruiting class in the top 5, UCLA is mid 30s. I don’t want to hear any excuses. Coach O is a bum, and if this were Brian Kelly, you’d want his head on a platter.