Clemson Vs UGA

10 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

UGA very vanilla west coast offense (Bama pre kiffin and sarkisian). Clemson on the long field in the first half.

I'd say that's because it's early, and JTD's first game.

Their new OC is Todd Monken, so I'd expect things will open up as the year progresses. 

Fun Fact - Monken coached under Tom Beck at GVS before Beck moved on to the be the OC at ND. Beck also gave Brian Kelly his first coaching job.

• Heart 1

Just now, OKelleyIrish said:

I'd say that's because it's early, and JTD's first game.

Their new OC is Todd Monken, so I'd expect things will open up as the year progresses. 

Fun Fact - Monken coached under Tom Beck at GVS before Beck moved on to the be the OC at ND. Beck also gave Brian Kelly his first coaching job.

Nice call, UGA on the move. Clemson just lost Bresee. UGA spreading it out nice, look better in their spread sets.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Nice call, UGA on the move. Clemson just lost Bresee. UGA spreading it out nice, look better in their spread sets.

Pretty much expected what we've seen so far. Only thing I'm slightly surprised about is that UGA has 13 passes and 9 runs. I figured they go slow with JTD the 1Q. He's 9/12 so pretty good. Lot of dinks/dunks though. Going longer now.

Pretty much expected what we've seen so far. Only thing I'm slightly surprised about is that UGA has 13 passes and 9 runs. I figured they go slow with JTD the 1Q. He's 9/12 so pretty good. Lot of dinks/dunks though. Going longer now.

Missed FG. Shipley makes a play in space, Nd recruit. Clemson trying to get DJ quick completions. DJ hits the skinny, and then a bad snap and another. Clemson flips field position, still 0-0. OR would the fake this punt?

5 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Missed FG. Shipley makes a play in space, Nd recruit. Clemson trying to get DJ quick completions. DJ hits the skinny, and then a bad snap and another. Clemson flips field position, still 0-0. OR would the fake this punt?

Likely will be a contest of Ds until mid 3rd IMO. Lucky if either get a FG lol. No fakes till 4Q

Shipley would have been nice at ND, but never thought he's leave the Carolinas. Our RB coach definitely made him think though.

• Heart 1

Likely will be a contest of Ds until mid 3rd IMO. Lucky if either get a FG lol. No fakes till 4Q

Shipley would have been nice at ND, but never thought he's leave the Carolinas. Our RB coach definitely made him think though.

Clemson ball again. Sure has a PSU-UW feel, that was 0-0 at halftime. Almost a pick there. Watch the defenses or special teams might really make the difference. UGA fails to get out of the way of a punt and Clemson recovers.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Clemson ball again. Sure has a PSU-UW feel, that was 0-0 at halftime. Almost a pick there. Watch the defenses or special teams might really make the difference. UGA fails to get out of the way of a punt and Clemson recovers.

Clemson got a huge break, then made a major blunder. 

D fest.

8 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Clemson got a huge break, then made a major blunder. 

D fest.

DJ has his moments where you can see immense talent. But Trevor was  a generational type talent. Nice to see another top 10 program like Clemson having growing pains replacing players 7-0 UGA at half.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

DJ has his moments where you can see immense talent. But Trevor was  a generational type talent. Nice to see another top 10 program like Clemson having growing pains replacing players 7-0 UGA at half.

I think it's more about the D to be honest. If either team was playing tune-up teams, I think both QBs would be on fire.

UGA and Clemson are 2 of the top 3 defenses in the country. Bama is the only other team in that Tier 1 group IMO. 

Cinci the top of the Tier 2 group.

For both teams, the Ds they face for the rest of the season won't be near as good. UGA plays UAB next week, and they have a very good D, but not near Venables' D. The next best D that Clemson will play is Pit. 

• Heart 1

I think it's more about the D to be honest. If either team was playing tune-up teams, I think both QBs would be on fire.

UGA and Clemson are 2 of the top 3 defenses in the country. Bama is the only other team in that Tier 1 group IMO. 

Cinci the top of the Tier 2 group.

For both teams, the Ds they face for the rest of the season won't be near as good. UGA plays UAB next week, and they have a very good D, but not near Venables' D. The next best D that Clemson will play is Pit. 

I think that's fair its a playoff match-up, defensively with flashes but nothing consistent on offense.