Feature Requests!

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

New feature addition - And just enabled today across our forums & categories.

Fluid view (all topics) is a popular option for many users, but it would get a bit unwieldly when spread across all forums. Our forum software just had an update, which allows you (if enabled) to do it on a per-forum & category view. This was a request I've made to the dev team, and I'm sure others have as well. Now it's a part of the software and it's enabled for Domer Domain.

Want all 'Notre Dame' related forums in one place without the huge list of topics? Then click 'Notre Dame Football' and you will be brought to a 'fluid' list of all forums in that category, but not flood it with General Forums as well.

image.png.f62490f553659d5e9849e509a9373823.png

image.thumb.png.8e0518c9f0b78a27572ee0a15ddada94.png

I was able to do the same for forums that had sub-forums as well, such as 'Other Notre Dame Athletics'. If you go into the main forum, it's sub-forums will all show in one place. And you can choose which you want to see in one screen.

image.thumb.png.7f949b39e9a87f90f92d5a3348ecbb22.png

• Heart 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Krsta said:

Is there any chance that there will be placeholders for embeds? The site jumps a lot when the tweets are loading. It's very annoying, especially on mobile.

I've tried what was available to me in the past with this. Only options are to either have all embeds load at once or lazy load (load as you scroll to it). If it were only 1 - 2 tweets on a page, I would have everything load up-front, but pages with more than a couple tweets would take a long time to load, where it was a hinderance on the site. From what I know, it's something that I can't optimize any further at this time, but I'm consistently checking for options to improve in this area. If there is something, it will be an instant enable / purchase.

• Heart 1

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Between the "Featured Topics", the pins, and multiple horizontal ads, I have to scroll half the page to go latest replies (not pinned, not featured). 

Is there a user choice (existing, or something can be added) to see or not see pins and featured?

Are you using the Fluid view? I think you might be one of the few that use it, but I just peeked in there and whooof, that's what I assume you're referring to. I wish I knew it was that rough earlier. Just finished up some maintenance on it.

• I disabled 'honor pins' for the fluid views, so that should solve that problem.
  • I changed the ad frequency from every 4 posts to 12.

Thanks for letting me know.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

Are you using the Fluid view? I think you might be one of the few that use it, but I just peeked in there and whooof, that's what I assume you're referring to. I wish I knew it was that rough earlier. Just finished up some maintenance on it.

• I disabled 'honor pins' for the fluid views, so that should solve that problem.
  • I changed the ad frequency from every 4 posts to 12.

Thanks for letting me know.

Yup, Fluid. 

Your changes were awesome!!!! Much better. 

Thanks Mike!

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Yup, Fluid. 

Your changes were awesome!!!! Much better. 

Thanks Mike!

I'm glad @Mike cleaned up your preferred experience but if I could make a suggestion, try the table view instead of fluid.  Click the "Unread Content" button that is located just under the search bubble in the top right corner of the screen.  That will bring up every single thread from every single forum containing an unread post since the last time you visited.  It will be listed in time order.  From there, when you click the bold star icon(if you've posted in the thread) or the bold dot icon(if you have not posted in the thread) that is listed to the left of every thread title, that will bring you to the first unread post in the thread.  Exactly where you left off your last time in the thread.  

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 1

7 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'm glad @Mike cleaned up your preferred experience but if I could make a suggestion, try the table view instead of fluid.  Click the "Unread Content" button that is located just under the search bubble.  That will bring up every single thread from every single forum containing an unread post since the last time you visited.  It will be listed in time order.  From there, when you click the bold star icon(if you've posted in the thread) or the bold dot icon(if you have not posted in the thread) that is listed to the left of every thread title, that will bring you to the first unread post in the thread.  Exactly where you left off your last time in the thread.  

Thanks @NYGoldenDomer. I've been using that more lately, myself.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'm glad @Mike cleaned up your preferred experience but if I could make a suggestion, try the table view instead of fluid.  Click the "Unread Content" button that is located just under the search bubble in the top right corner of the screen.  That will bring up every single thread from every single forum containing an unread post since the last time you visited.  It will be listed in time order.  From there, when you click the bold star icon(if you've posted in the thread) or the bold dot icon(if you have not posted in the thread) that is listed to the left of every thread title, that will bring you to the first unread post in the thread.  Exactly where you left off your last time in the thread.  

I'm aware. I prefer Fluid in the desktop. 

On 11/22/2022 at 5:18 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

@Mike can you please enable the spoiler tag into the editor bar(its an eyeball) and change the emojis to twitter style?

• Tweaked the toolbar to add the Spoiler button on Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile views
  • Removed preview button from Tablet view to prevent overflow
  • I already had Twitter style enabled for emojis. Are they not showing for you? I resaved, but they should already be in place.
Spoiler

Spoiler Test

• Cheers 1

On 11/24/2022 at 11:58 AM, Mike said:
  • Tweaked the toolbar to add the Spoiler button on Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile views
  • Removed preview button from Tablet view to prevent overflow
  • I already had Twitter style enabled for emojis. Are they not showing for you? I resaved, but they should already be in place.
  Hide contents

Spoiler Test

Spoiler works.  Ok I guess it was whatever the other emoji option was.  Native?  I don’t remember the setting. No big deal, these look fine on mobile.  Desktop doesn’t look very good though.  I’m sure I’m one of the few who mostly use desktop. 

5 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Spoiler works.  Ok I guess it was whatever the other emoji option was.  Native?  I don’t remember the setting. No big deal, these look fine on mobile.  Desktop doesn’t look very good though.  I’m sure I’m one of the few who mostly use desktop. 

These are the options. When I add the emoji from the toolbar, I see the Twitter Style. When I paste it via Window's emoji screen, I see the Native. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edit: I lied. After sending, they both show as Twitter style for me.

image.png

1 hour ago, Mike said:

These are the options. When I add the emoji from the toolbar, I see the Twitter Style. When I paste it via Window's emoji screen, I see the Native. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edit: I lied. After sending, they both show as Twitter style for me.

image.png

Ahhh I didn’t realize native meant as per device used.  Just leave it.  No need to tinker too much.