Feature Requests!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Thanks. Going to do a poll tomorrow that requires 4. May need 8 in the weeks to come if possible. 

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll need to give some thought about opening it further. Increasing stuff like that does require more hosting resources / database resources. So I need to be conscious of that as well. Send me a message ahead of time if you wouldn't mind.

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll need to give some thought about opening it further. Increasing stuff like that does require more hosting resources / database resources. So I need to be conscious of that as well. Send me a message ahead of time if you wouldn't mind.

Really? I've been a mod and the increase from 5-10 was easy. Didn't know it cost. Sorry @mike, don't worry about it, I can structure it in two different topics. 👍

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Really? I've been a mod and the increase from 5-10 was easy. Didn't know it cost. Sorry @mike, don't worry about it, I can structure it in two different topics. 👍

It's easy to increase in the back-end. But I just maxed out on Database allowance and I had to upgrade to a much pricier plan to prevent downtime on the forums. I don't want to go overboard on opening it up too much. Not yet at least. 

Thanks for the understanding!

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's easy to increase in the back-end. But I just maxed out on Database allowance and I had to upgrade to a much pricier plan to prevent downtime on the forums. I don't want to go overboard on opening it up too much. Not yet at least. 

Thanks for the understanding!

I don't think many do polls, so not sure if that impact things. Gonna do some top 4 polls this week, and was gonna do top 8 after. Up to you. I understand if increasing drives cost though.

• 2 months later...

I have no idea if this is technologically possible, but is there a way for the ignore function to block it when someone you ignore is quoted?

like:——————-

on Tuesday, User X said:

[this user has been blocked]

response not blocked and appears as normal 

——————-

Again, I have no idea if this is possible, but if it is, it would be nice

52 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

I have no idea if this is technologically possible, but is there a way for the ignore function to block it when someone you ignore is quoted?

like:——————-

on Tuesday, User X said:

[this user has been blocked]

response not blocked and appears as normal 

——————-

Again, I have no idea if this is possible, but if it is, it would be nice

Hey @TexasDomer. It is technically possible, but not going to add the option right away. It isn't a native option, and would require a third party plugin.

Explanation here, but I'm leaving the option open.

https://www.domerdomain.com/forum/topic/52667-ignore-function/?do=findComment&comment=743157

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

@Mike can you please add some kind of laughing/funny to the reaction choices?  Not sure what the max amount is.

I can add to the list, but I'm trying to keep 6 as the Max. More than that gets a little long on mobile. Any suggested removals to replace with it?

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

But I got one ready, I just need help picking which to replace 😆 . I think the 'cheers' makes the most sense. Just need other opinions.

funny-cartoon-leprechaun-character-laughing-260nw-1726995460-removebg-preview.png

I love that!!!!!!!  I don't agree with dropping the cheers though.  Honestly I wouldn't get rid of any.  If we must, though I love the trophy, I think that one kind of makes the least sense as a response.  

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

• 1 month later...

New feature addition - And just enabled today across our forums & categories.

Fluid view (all topics) is a popular option for many users, but it would get a bit unwieldly when spread across all forums. Our forum software just had an update, which allows you (if enabled) to do it on a per-forum & category view. This was a request I've made to the dev team, and I'm sure others have as well. Now it's a part of the software and it's enabled for Domer Domain.

Want all 'Notre Dame' related forums in one place without the huge list of topics? Then click 'Notre Dame Football' and you will be brought to a 'fluid' list of all forums in that category, but not flood it with General Forums as well.

image.png.f62490f553659d5e9849e509a9373823.png

image.thumb.png.8e0518c9f0b78a27572ee0a15ddada94.png

• Heart 2
  • Trophy 1