Feature Requests!

Now that the redesign is done, I want to encourage anyone to drop in feature requests, or general suggestions here. This isn't a promise that everything will be added, but anything is up for consideration. If there's a poster's idea you're in favor of, make sure you add a 'like' reaction to that poster's message.

Feature Requests:

• Marketplace for members to sell tickets among other Domer Domain users. (Working on)

1 hour ago, Kelly Gruene said:

I’d like it to be easier to see that I’m still signed in. It’s not hard to click to find out, but I’d prefer something showing that I’m signed in without having to look for it. 

I don't have a lot of options for changes here, but it should be pretty easy to find out if you're signed in or not. If you're on desktop, you should see your username in the top right corner. If you're on mobile, if you click the three lines on the top right corner it will let you know if your signed in or not. I hope this helps :)

On 4/3/2021 at 10:52 AM, Kelly Gruene said:

I’d like it to be easier to see that I’m still signed in. It’s not hard to click to find out, but I’d prefer something showing that I’m signed in without having to look for it. 

This is a pretty ridiculous request lol.  

On 4/1/2021 at 11:57 PM, Mike said:

Now that the redesign is done, I want to encourage anyone to drop in feature requests, or general suggestions here. This isn't a promise that everything will be added, but anything is up for consideration. If there's a poster's idea you're in favor of, make sure you add a 'like' reaction to that poster's message.

Feature Requests:

• Marketplace for members to sell tickets among other Domer Domain users. (Working on)

@Mike, regarding the marketplace, I am a moderator on a hockey BB that utilizes this same Invision software platform.  I helped build the forum structure from the get go.  We have a marketplace for selling anything from gear to accessories to non hockey related items as well.  We didn't necessarily add a marketplace to the website, we just added a separate subforum for such types of sale threads.  It was very simple.  

Edited by NYGoldenDomer

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

@Mike, regarding the marketplace, I am a moderator on a hockey BB that utilizes this same Invision software platform.  I helped build the forum structure from the get go.  We have a marketplace for selling anything from gear to accessories to non hockey related items as well.  We didn't necessarily add a marketplace to the website, we just added a separate subforum for such types of sale threads.  It was very simple.  

Hi @NYGoldenDomer! Nice to meet ya! 

I might see where things go / re-evaluate after the season, but I already bought a year's license for the Marketplace, which I added over the weekend. Right now it only has a category for tickets, but I might expand to cover other areas if there's interest. The Marketplace added will allow Members to list and buy through the website. Listings are free for everyone, with 'Featured' listings free for site supporters. If payment is made through the forum Marketplace, there's a 10% commission in place to help cover the costs associated with everything, but members are free to negotiate and Mark as 'sold' if agreed upon via PM.

If you want to send me a PM, I wouldn't mind checking out the hockey forums' marketplace.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Hi @NYGoldenDomer! Nice to meet ya! 

I might see where things go / re-evaluate after the season, but I already bought a year's license for the Marketplace, which I added over the weekend. Right now it only has a category for tickets, but I might expand to cover other areas if there's interest. The Marketplace added will allow Members to list and buy through the website. Listings are free for everyone, with 'Featured' listings free for site supporters. If payment is made through the forum Marketplace, there's a 10% commission in place to help cover the costs associated with everything, but members are free to negotiate and Mark as 'sold' if agreed upon via PM.

If you want to send me a PM, I wouldn't mind checking out the hockey forums' marketplace.

Ok fair enough, I doubt anyone would have a problem with that method if its free for them while also helping you pay for us to be here.  At least, they shouldn't lol.

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

Ok fair enough, I doubt anyone would have a problem with that method if its free for them while also helping you pay for us to be here.  At least, they shouldn't lol.

It's a fine-line that I'm doing my best to walk. I want to make sure the experience isn't frustrating for anyone. Anything that supports the site feels warranted, but not forced. Some perks for supporters, but nothing that limits non-supporters. If I ever make a wrong judgement on something, call me out. I'm very open to feedback. I'm not perfect, but I always try to think about how I react if these changes were made to a forum / website I visited.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's a fine-line that I'm doing my best to walk. I want to make sure the experience isn't frustrating for anyone. Anything that supports the site feels warranted, but not forced. Some perks for supporters, but nothing that limits non-supporters. If I ever make a wrong judgement on something, call me out. I'm very open to feedback. I'm not perfect, but I always try to think about how I react if these changes were made to a forum / website I visited.

I think as long as there is an option to post them for free then there is no reason for anyone to complain.  If people want to take the extra step to pay to have theirs bumped to the top then good for them and good for the website.

As far as changes go, very few people like them.  I think once everyone gets used to this version they'll be happy.  

• Heart 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 4:14 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

@Mike @FaithInIrishForever is there an option that can be enabled for the chat to show who is currently in the chat?  Also is there an option that can be enabled to quote people people in the chat?

For the chatbox, you can click a member's name and it adds an @[name] mention. You may be able to manually type it out, but I haven't tested that. I assume that it would work, though. Guessing it would only show in chat though, not as a notification, but I'm not positive.

As for seeing who's in the chat, there's a members online option at the bottom of the homepage & the chat page. That would probably be your best bet. I don't see a way within the chat box itself.

Hope this helps @NYGoldenDomer!

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

For the chatbox, you can click a member's name and it adds an @[name] mention. You may be able to manually type it out, but I haven't tested that. I assume that it would work, though. Guessing it would only show in chat though, not as a notification, but I'm not positive.

As for seeing who's in the chat, there's a members online option at the bottom of the homepage & the chat page. That would probably be your best bet. I don't see a way within the chat box itself.

Hope this helps @NYGoldenDomer!

I tried the typical @name feature and it didn't translate into the chat itself.  

I do know there is a who's online box at the bottom but I didn't notice anything in the chat that shows who is actually in there. 

14 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I tried the typical @name feature and it didn't translate into the chat itself.  

I do know there is a who's online box at the bottom but I didn't notice anything in the chat that shows who is actually in there. 

Yeah, I think it would just highlight their name if they're in the chat. But not show a drop-down like it does on the forums. There's no option in the setting for that. Same with the who's online option. I don't want to mess with it during the season, but I'll take a look and see if there are other chat options that might have those features.

Edit: Did some research and there is a paid option. Can't really dedicate the resources towards it right now since I have other projects with the main site, but I'm open to adding it at some point.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yeah, I think it would just highlight their name if they're in the chat. But not show a drop-down like it does on the forums. There's no option in the setting for that. Same with the who's online option. I don't want to mess with it during the season, but I'll take a look and see if there are other chat options that might have those features.

Edit: Did some research and there is a paid option. Can't really dedicate the resources towards it right now since I have other projects with the main site, but I'm open to adding it at some point.

No problem at all, I wouldn't ask for money to be spent on something like that.  Just curious if it was an option.  Thanks for looking into it!

• Heart 1

• 4 weeks later...