Herman out at Texas

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firing Herman for Sark seems like a lateral move at best. I've read a few weeks ago he was butthurt they met with Urban about the job, but I figured he would get over it. I'm willing to bet that he basically told them to fire him.

I think Sark is a step down. At USC he recruited great, but his teams played weak and undisciplined. I will admit, I don’t watch Texas. But I do remember watching Herman at Houston and his teams were disciplined and played hard. Sark will recruit, and air it out.. but I don’t see Texas competing at all with him, and he too will be fired in 3-4 years. Hopefully they steal enough talent from the other big boys.

I think Sark is a step down. At USC he recruited great, but his teams played weak and undisciplined. I will admit, I don’t watch Texas. But I do remember watching Herman at Houston and his teams were disciplined and played hard. Sark will recruit, and air it out.. but I don’t see Texas competing at all with him, and he too will be fired in 3-4 years. Hopefully they steal enough talent from the other big boys.

I'm willing to bet they didn't want to fire Herman, but after the Urban Meyer news got out, there was no reconciling.

I think you’re right. I hope Herman goes somewhere close to Texas and steals recruits, wins, and shoved it up their a**. Texas wanted Urban, who is proven and a great coach, but will probably only stay 3-4 years, and have health problems over Herman, who I think was starting to build something . I get Texas shooting for the stars, but maybe do it behind closed doors.

I'm willing to bet they didn't want to fire Herman, but after the Urban Meyer news got out, there was no reconciling.

Pretty stupid to go after a coach who the current coach used to work for. Urban “hey Tom, Texas called me”. Got this from somewhere “ With Texas' firing of Tom Herman, FBS public schools have committed themselves to as much as $107.6 million in buyout-related payments to football head coaches and assistants this season”.

giphy.gif

Tom Herman has that Charlie Weis money!

He will get another job and be paid by Texas while not coaching Texas. It’s amazing that taxpayers allow this to happen.

Well they allow for endless war, a trillion in “defense” spending annually and bailouts to the wall st banks that crashed our economy... so I guess I can believe it.

Firing Herman for Sark seems like a lateral move at best. I've read a few weeks ago he was butthurt they met with Urban about the job, but I figured he would get over it. I'm willing to bet that he basically told them to fire him.

Agree but what about the lying-through-his-teeth AD who continually said his job was safe while sniffing around his back for Urban Liar and then settling for Sark. The taxpayers of Texas have been done a dirty deed.

Well they allow for endless war, a trillion in “defense” spending annually and bailouts to the wall st banks that crashed our economy... so I guess I can believe it.

I thought boosters usually foot the bill on these buyouts. The rumor is one guy at Auburn is paying for all 20 mm of Mahlzhan’s buyout