3 headed monster

How do we play all these running backs...how I see their

rankings...

1. Dexter William's- fast, as well as explosive your typical breakaway back..

2. Jafar Armstrong- strong back with some speed, he is strong and breaks tackles. Also a very hard runner and fishes with a punch.

3. Tony Jones Jr. - might be the worst of the 3 nonetheless a very good back not extremely fast but gets first downs...cant seem to make the right cut to break away....

These are really good backs that all have different strengths and weakness but if I had to rank them, this is what I see...

I feel this is a very good problem to have as they all bring something dynamic to the table....this is difficult to coach because you have to find out early who has the hot hand...what are your thoughs....

How do we play all these running backs...how I see their

rankings...

1. Dexter William's- fast, as well as explosive your typical breakaway back..

2. Jafar Armstrong- strong back with some speed, he is strong and breaks tackles. Also a very hard runner and fishes with a punch.

3. Tony Jones Jr. - might be the worst of the 3 nonetheless a very good back not extremely fast but gets first downs...cant seem to make the right cut to break away....

These are really good backs that all have different strengths and weakness but if I had to rank them, this is what I see...

I feel this is a very good problem to have as they all bring something dynamic to the table....this is difficult to coach because you have to find out early who has the hot hand...what are your thoughs....

I agree with your ranking. I think you just go with the hot hand. We can't seem to keep running backs healthy either.

Just like being over 85 players in the summer, it'll work itself out.

well all that said ,,,,I thought BOTH jones and jafar were out for at least 2 weeks due to an infection and an ankle....

Is that still the status..

If it is then this is all academic,,,,we will be LUCKY to keep 2 healthy RBS of that three

and then this week its Davis who did have a bit of fumbleitis and WHO was the youngster?

aloha

Dex is the game changer who has to touch the ball multiple times a game on runs, swing passes in the flat and middle screens with blockers ahead of him.

He isn’t Reggie Bush but he has all the speed and moves to blow games open for us. And IMO he is our best looking back in a long long long time.

Dexter is as explosive as they come, but unfortunately, he isn't a breakaway back. super explosive, but lacks some top end speed

I disagree. From my seat Saturday night,Dexter was clearly the fastest skill position player on the field, faster than Bryce Love.

Dexter is as explosive as they come, but unfortunately, he isn't a breakaway back. super explosive, but lacks some top end speed

I disagree. From my seat Saturday night at the stadium, Dexter was clearly the fastest skill position player on the field, faster than Bryce Love.

I disagree. From my seat Saturday night,Dexter was clearly the fastest skill position player on the field, faster than Bryce Love.

If you look at his TD run, the DB was catching up but since he was coming from the far side of the field, he couldn't catch up in time

Bryce Love was pulling away at the end of his run

But like I said, Dexter was MORE explosive. His first step is super explosive, but he doesn't have that same top end speed that Josh Adams had last year

His top end speed is no slouch, but he has been caught from behind multiple times after the initial burst that usually leaves people behind at the start

If you look at his TD run, the DB was catching up but since he was coming from the far side of the field, he couldn't catch up in time

Bryce Love was pulling away at the end of his run

But like I said, Dexter was MORE explosive. His first step is super explosive, but he doesn't have that same top end speed that Josh Adams had last year

His top end speed is no slouch, but he has been caught from behind multiple times after the initial burst that usually leaves people behind at the start

Pulling away from Troy Pride, who is maybe ND's fastest players I might add.

Dexter is plenty fast though. I'd rather have a back who is quick through the hole than one with top end speed.

Adams had top end speed, but he wasn't quick in the hole. As soon as ND played fast defenses, he was stopped.

well at least he got run over a few times, so he knew where to be so it wasn't Ian getting run over. But I look for Foster to test Ruhland and Dexter with some inside blitzes, line stunts and line games.

There aren't many rb's that are going to stand up a blitzing linebacker...just ain't happening...get in their way and slow them down...Dex did it...didn't look pretty but he did recognize it.