Fire Brian Kelly

This makes way more sense than the BS that was rolling off your keyboard last week.

What was bs exactly? He beat ball state by 8 points and vandy by 5. That doesnt warrant criticism on a discussion board? If you're ecstatic to have an above average coach for another 5 years then keep doing cartwheels every time they beat wake. I think nd can do better.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But just to add on I hope no one takes my kelly criticism as not wanting this team to win. I hope I'm wrong about kelly and he did find something starting last season and puts together a string of double digit win seasons.

If we win ten or more games again then I’ll be inclined to believe that Longo was holding this program back big time.

ND was ranked #8 in terms of average recruiting over the last five years.

I agree with you on Kelly's development and I don't think he's one of the top coaches. But he's a decent coach. ND could certainly do (and has done) a lot worse, and at least ND is not adrift in the netherworld of Nebraska.

In the interest of accuracy, here is ND's ranking over the last 5 recruiting cycles. They' have not averaged #8:

2018: 24/7: 10 ESPN: 9

2017: 24/7: 10 ESPN: 16

2016: 24/7: 15 ESPN: 16

2015: 24/7: 13 ESPN: 13

2014: 24/7: 11 ESPN: 11

I agree with you on Kelly's development and I don't think he's one of the top coaches. But he's a decent coach. ND could certainly do (and has done) a lot worse, and at least ND is not adrift in the netherworld of Nebraska.

In the interest of accuracy, here is ND's ranking over the last 5 recruiting cycles. They' have not averaged #8:

2018: 24/7: 10 ESPN: 9

2017: 24/7: 10 ESPN: 16

2016: 24/7: 15 ESPN: 16

2015: 24/7: 13 ESPN: 13

2014: 24/7: 11 ESPN: 11

They didn’t average 8th, but they have the 8th best average over that span. Some teams might get into the top 10 once or twice, but be 25th other years. That lowers their overall average.

So to disagree with rocket31 me and that your IQ must be low? The slobbering over kelly because he beat wake is laughable. Beating wake hardly changes the fact that hes an 8 win coach, did the last 8 years not happen because he beat wake forest?

to believe ND is actually attractive enough to find a coach better than BKs resume is beyond low IQ and extremely delusional.

name one that would come here?

maybe Shaw from stanford, but i doubt it. meyer turned us down for a decade. saban, lol? dabo, lol, he'd laugh in our faces.

BK is a top 15 guy leading a top 15 program, it is what it is; we will make the playoffs every 3-4 years and we should be content with that.

If we win ten or more games again then I’ll be inclined to believe that Longo was holding this program back big time.

Not replacing Longo was just one of Kelly's failures as head coach. However, I think that retaining BVG and not getting Don Brown from BC as defensive coordinator when he was available had more of a negative impact.

to believe ND is actually attractive enough to find a coach better than BKs resume is beyond low IQ and extremely delusional.

name one that would come here?

maybe Shaw from stanford, but i doubt it. meyer turned us down for a decade. saban, lol? dabo, lol, he'd laugh in our faces.

BK is a top 15 guy leading a top 15 program, it is what it is; we will make the playoffs every 3-4 years and we should be content with that.

Why do you say that ND under Kelly will make the playoffs every 3-4 years? In 8 years, he has only been in the top 4 at the end of the season 1 time.

Sorry but Top 15 coaches do not average 8.6 wins.

Better case can be made that he is Top 25 to Top 30.

Since I would like ND to make the playoffs every three years not every eight, that is why I think ND needs a new coach.

LOL this is why our fanbase is dumb af

"just go find the next urban meyer bro" - thats how you end up with guys like willie taggert. my lord

Dumb is saying that Kelly will be in the playoffs every 3-4 years when he has only been there once in eight years (2012).

Please explain how that math works since I am too dumb to understand.

Dumb is saying that Kelly will be in the playoffs every 3-4 years when he has only been there once in eight years (2012).

Please explain how that math works since I am too dumb to understand.

2012 and 2015 were both solid years, although only one playoff appearance would have been earned, correct.

2015 was an extremely flukey year where we lost two games by 4 points total and were arguably screwed by a pick penalty on the goal line.

every 3-4 years he has placed us into playoff contention, i guess would be the better argument.

noticed how i just said ONE guy

let alone compile a list of 5 guys who would actually come here that are hands down better coaches than BK

and go...

We will need to agree to disagree.

Your position is that you are happy with Kelly and his 8.6 wins a year since you are afraid that ND will hire a coach who will win less than 8.6 games a year. You are satisfied with 8.6 wins and do not want to risk ND losing more (low risk / low reward)

My position is that I want to replace Kelly and his 8.6 wins a year since I am afraid ND will only win 8.6 games a year as long they keep Kelly. I am unsatisfied with 8.6 wins and would rather risk ND losing more in an attempt to win more (higher risk may or may not result in higher reward)

My position is that I want to replace Kelly and his 8.6 wins a year since I am afraid ND will only win 8.6 games a year as long they keep Kelly. )

name some people and quit equivocating.

listing all these problems and not producing a reasonable solution makes you sound like a dumbass

oh, thats right. no one worth a damn would actually come to coach for ND in 2018. silly me.

"just gotta find the next urban meyer bro" - lol

Edited by rocket31

name some people and quit equivocating.

listing all these problems and not producing a reasonable solution makes you sound like a dumbass

oh, thats right. no one worth a damn would actually come to coach for ND in 2018. silly me.

"just gotta find the next urban meyer bro" - lol

Just take your medicine and roll on....praise BK for unleashing his D2 prowess upon the likes of Ball St. and Vanderbilt....

Only took him 3 games this year to swallow his pride and accept that he was wrong. Ive been waiting 9 years for that. Progress!

Rabid ND delusionist: "I want a new coach, BK only gets 8.6 wins per season, equivocate, equivocate, equivocate."

Rational ND fan rebuttal: Okay, name some guys...

Rabid ND delusionist: "We gotta find the next Urban Meyer, BK only wins 8.6 times per year!!!'

Rational ND rebuttal: But Urban Meyer isnt coming here...

Rabid ND delusionist: I want a new coach, BK only gets 8.6 wins per season, equivocate, equivocate, equivocate."

Rational ND fan rebuttal: Okay name some guys...

and the circular logic goes on and on and on...

Rabid ND delusionist: "I want a new coach, BK only gets 8.6 wins per season, equivocate, equivocate, equivocate."

Rabid ND delusionist: "We gotta find the next Urban Meyer, BK only wins 8.6 times per year!!!'

Rabid ND delusionist: I want a new coach, BK only gets 8.6 wins per season, equivocate, equivocate, equivocate."

Apparently you're unaware that talented head coaches fare differently depending on the school they are retained by....

Saban routinely held 6 win seasons at MSU...then he went to LSU and had mostly 8 win seasons with a few double digit seasons (and a title) peppered in....

Then he landed at Bama and that ended up being the school he gelled with the best. Bama was a 2 win team in 2007 when Saban was hired. Coaches have to find the school that works best for them, as well as getting the coaching staff they need.

So this ridiculous defense of BK of "there arent better options" is a fallacy...

Frost...or Herman....or whoever could potentially fare much differently depending on the school that hires them.

Apparently you're unaware that talented head coaches fare differently depending on the school they are retained by....

Saban routinely held 6 win seasons at MSU...then he went to LSU and had mostly 8 win seasons with a few double digit seasons (and a title) peppered in....

Then he landed at Bama and that ended up being the school he gelled with the best. Bama was a 2 win team in 2007 when Saban was hired. Coaches have to find the school that works best for them, as well as getting the coaching staff they need.

So this ridiculous defense of BK of "there arent better options" is a fallacy...

Frost...or Herman....or whoever could potentially fare much differently depending on the school that hires them.

Not entirely true. They were a 6 win team when Shula got fired and won 7 in Sabans first year. They had to vacate those though, so ended up with 0 in 2006 and 2 in 2007. Shula was 10-2 two years before he got fired, so the cupboard wasn’t exactly bare.

Your whole “then name someone” argument is a load of crap. No matter what anyone says, reasonable or not, you have left yourself an out. Until they actually hire someone you can just say “that’s not possible or they can’t win here,” and continue feeling like the smartest guy in the room.

Brian Kelly has produced one season in 9 years that would have gotten them into the playoffs, yet you question the intelligence of anyone who thinks that isn’t good enough. Nick Saban, Urban Meyer and Dabo Swinney were not “Nick Saban, Urban Meyer and Dabo Swinney” until some “stupid” fanbase made enough noise that some “stupid” program decided that it was time to make a change and give an up and comer a chance.

Has Kelly been awful? No, especially compared to the 3 that came before him. That doesn’t mean that any ND fans are unintelligent for wanting more out of the program they have followed most of their lives. I would say that sitting on your hands and accepting mediocrity is the much less intelligent decision.

Edited by nremdn