2019 BBall Recruiting

The big names to keep an eye on. Will be a relatively small class (probably 2 guys), but immediate/star level impact is possible.

1. Isaiah Stewart, PF/C. I’m sure most of you have heard this name before. Has been the number 1 target in the class for seemingly 2 years now. Would be Brey’s Greatest recruiting win if he pulls it off. People around ND are confident as it stands right now.

2. Cole Anthony, PG. Tom Noie, the SBT ND basketball beat writer, dropped a huge nugget yesterday regarding this recruitment. He’s a five star and ranking in the top 5 in the 2019 class. Apparently, his dad (Greg Anthony) loves Mike Brey and ND fits his style of play greatly. Counting out ND right now would be foolish (as foolish as that sounds haha).

3. Tre Mitchell, PF, C. The guy I think ND turns the heat up on if Stewart goes elsewhere. Top 100 player with an already mature body. Would be a nice consolation prize for Stewart.

These are the main three right now. I don’t expect ND to land Girard.

Edited by LasVegasIrish

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I wonder if Brey had any of those recruits at the game Saturday. I was there and I have never seen Notre Dame stadium like it was Saturday. It looks and feels inside way better than ever before. I believe Muffet had 3 of the top ten players in the nation at the game. Haven't confirmed that but they were expected to attend.

Brey is doing a heck of a job. The freshman class is the best I have ever seen. Can't wait to see them this year.

Well obviously, Stewart is out now.

Tre Mitchell remains the most likely target to ND up at ND.

Some others to keep in mind based on visits and at least a demonstration of legitimate interest.

1. Jeremiah Earl-Robinson, PF

2. Chris Ledlum, SF

3. Zeke Nnaji, PF

It's a darn shame Stewart led them along thinking they were in the running for so long.

It's a darn shame Stewart led them along thinking they were in the running for so long.

To be completely honest, I’m pretty confident in saying that ND is in his actual top 5. Stewart probably told Brey he was gonna choose Duke and they cut ties from a recruiting standpoint. No blood lost. I think and him Brey have a very good relationship and he wanted to be honest with him. ND moved on.

It sucks to miss out on Stewart, but Mitchell is a damn good player and someone fans should be excited about if they land him. Maybe ND can be fortunate with Anthony or Robinson-Earl

To be completely honest, I’m pretty confident in saying that ND is in his actual top 5. Stewart probably told Brey he was gonna choose Duke and they cut ties from a recruiting standpoint. No blood lost. I think and him Brey have a very good relationship and he wanted to be honest with him. ND moved on.

It sucks to miss out on Stewart, but Mitchell is a damn good player and someone fans should be excited about if they land him. Maybe ND can be fortunate with Anthony or Robinson-Earl

People might think I'm crazy, but I would rather have Mitchell than Stewart. Brey has built a good program with players that stay. i don't think he should start moving into the one and done world. Get the best 3 and four star players you can that will stay 3 and 4 yrs. I think Brey and ND could definitely build a program like Villinova's . Keep bringing in great recruiting classes like the last one.

People might think I'm crazy, but I would rather have Mitchell than Stewart. Brey has built a good program with players that stay. i don't think he should start moving into the one and done world. Get the best 3 and four star players you can that will stay 3 and 4 yrs. I think Brey and ND could definitely build a program like Villinova's . Keep bringing in great recruiting classes like the last one.

I really like Mitchell. I wouldn't mind a mix of players that come and go after 1-2 years, but overall I don't think you'll have to worry about it too much.

I really like Mitchell. I wouldn't mind a mix of players that come and go after 1-2 years, but overall I don't think you'll have to worry about it too much.

I agree. I don't think Brey really wants the one and dones. He knows it's hard to build continuity that way and ND is not really a place most one and dones see themselves. Part of me wonders if Brey had conversations with Stewart about staying long term and maybe that is why ND is no longer a consideration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The other post about Brey made me think of this post. Where do we stand? I know we didn't sign anyone - did we whiff on all targets?

Stewart eliminated ND. Kost feel ND is technically one of his favorite schools, but when he decided ND wasn’t gonna be the landing spot, Brey and Stewart respectfully parted ways in the recruitment.

Anthony and Mitchell are still available. There’s a small chance at either/or, but it seems like ND is content with signing no one unless it’s Anthony. Mitchell got scared off by ND heavily recruiting Dickinson in the next class. Anthony is a true one and done, but someone Brey wants. We will see how that plays out.

As of right now, I lean toward a zero man class and ND going after a grad transfer. Obviously, the Burns news gives room for one spot they weren’t expecting in 2019-2020, but still limited spots with Pflueger the only graduating senior.

• 2 months later...
Anything new going on with bball? Curious if our dismal year has had any impact good or bad, or none whatsoever.

Seems like we were heading towards zero.

I wouldn’t expect anyone. Everyone is returning next season, and even prior to that Brey never seemed too interested in landing anyone in this class outside of a few big fish if he could (Anthony, Stewart).

It’s possible that Tre Mitchell is a still a target, and there has been some talk he could reclassify to 2020. Either way, I think the approach for 2019 was the wrong one.

Really stinks that we have had two poor years after having such good momentum. Elite eight to this is sad...I understand the circumstances, obviously, but I am sure kids are losing interest.

The good thing is, there hasn’t been a lack of interest. The elite 8s and overall good play brought in a ton of momentum. This freshman class was actually the best class Brey has ever landed. He can’t afford to skip cycles however. Not if your whole style is to stay old.

• 1 month later...
Saw we are in Cole Anthony's top 4 - what are the chances?

ND has always been in it more than people think, but at the moment it would still be a huge surprise.

He’s preached wanting to be on a final four team during his 1 year in college. Would highly doubt he feels that way about ND as it stands.

Mike Brey is definitely keeping them in the race though. His family loves Brey. If this was the 2015-2016 rosters, ND could definitely win this recruitment.