Notre Dames away opening 2005

Guest SirJohn

Guest SirJohn

Since Notre Dame Stadium was opened in 1930, five Notre Dame coaches - Hunk Anderson, McKeever, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine and Tyrone Willingham - have opened away from home in their first season - going 5-0 in those games.

The above factoid is from the Official Notre Dame site. :lol:

Sir John

(Let's learn from history.)

Guest SirJohn

:D domehead. I sort of wanted to deleet Ty Willinham from the list. I never put Coach before that name.

But that's the record book.

September 3 "The Empire Strikes back" It's in Ryans countdown link. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :D

Sir John

Guest Irish19

I really hope you didn't jinx it. Tyler Palko was on a show and they asked him about what his thoughts about playing ND is. Wait til you hear what he said. "I like playing competition right off the bat because it's fun. They are going to have a chip on their shoulder after we embarrassed them last year in their house." Is he kidding? If I remember correctly the score was 41-38. If not for some questionable calls by the BE officials we would have whooped their ass (But I'm kinda glad we didn't because then Ty might still be our coach).

Guest SirJohn

:D Jinx Minx. Four leaf clovers, angel dust and all that stuff. "Tyler" Platko who?

Seriously 11 guys playing hard football. He's a pretty good QB but I don't think he is scaring anyone. He has never faced the Notre Dame team he is about to face. Might just change his perspective a bit.

For that matter none of the 11 teams ever faced this Notre dame team before.

Sir John :D

Guest SirJohn

:D I didn't want to forget Coach Wanny in this. If I recall he was practicly run out of Chicago on a rail for .500 ball and his last stop was about the same. I mean this is like hiring TY. I guess it's cause he is a Pitt Alumni? I can't see any plus.

Coach Weis stated he knows Wanny and Wanny knows him. It gets into plays and schemes coach wise. Sort of like Peyton Manning in the Pats game. Platko can be the best darn QB around but if the team is set up wrong and guessing wron, long hike back to the locker room.

Forgetting that 2004 game. All this match up is different. No one knows what Coach Weis will do and we mostly do not know what Wanny will do. Platko's nothing but a pawn on the chessboard, however good he really is.

Guest Irish19

Anybody else noticed that this is where Weis ended is AFC career and is beginning his college career. Hopefully we do to Pitt as NE did to Pitt.

Guest domehead

thinking about going to Pitt and giving that freak one of the hardest dutch rubs he's ever had :) ...cant wait to kick their butt.."in their house"... I tell ya it'll be by more than 3 points..

Guest Irish19

The line has Pitt at 4 pt favorites. If there is easy money, this is it. I tend to be conservative, but I'll bet on this one. I've only bet once before and it was on a Cal-KSU game a two years ago. I remember KSU was a 28 pt favorite so of course I picked Cal to cover (and they did) so I won some serious bucks. Let's just hope that ND does a little more than cover.