Rivals reorders their rankings

It appears as if Rivals has reordered their top 100 high school prospects for the class of 2006. It also appears as if some Irish recruits have been knocked down a notch or two, namely, Darrin Walls, Eric Olsen, and James Aldridge. These recruiting services are total crap I swear. If someone gets hurt or commits early, then they completely berate the kid. Here's the link if your interested in reading the freshest crap that rivals is serving.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1162

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

:) Welcome to DD Grayson. All paid sites do that shuffling bit. If your familiar I have mentioned this often. It's media air pump. If your familar with sites Ole Rock at NDN was blasting them today. However, he mentions another paid site as best, but then they directly feed NDN information NDN prints. One gets confused about veracity. Not picking a war as one or two advertise here and there is a need for that information.

With a Coach unable to discuss a recruit per NCAA all one has is those able to chase rumors down. Paid sites. Necessary evil I suppose?

I again do not knock any of them just report whats done as you did.

However, IF they dropped a ranking or star or what ever I would expect in the future to read Notre Dame had a lousy recruiting class under Weis.

My reasoning is based on his public statements "what do they know?" and that he looks for certain type people.

That no matter houw you fudge, or try to cut it pulls the rug out of someone else's ranking system as to who is "BEST."

Let's be 100% clear. What's Weis want? Kids best for Notre Dame. What do you want? The same. What do I want? The same. OK if we agree here what other opinion matters? :D

Again Hi and welcome to the best recruitniks around Broker, Bluester Champ and if I missed anyone tell me...These guys sniff out info :)

guys these stars mean nothing. Remember that Darius was a 3 star. The only thing that matters is how they fit into our system and most importantly how Charlie had them ranked.

Let's assume for a moment that we land Young and McCoy. That will mean that Charlie his #1 choice at 7 different positions. That is an awesome percentage. the 7 are as follows:

QB: Frazer

RB: Aldridge

TE: Reuland

OL: Young

DL: McCoy

MLB: T. Smith

CB: D. Walls

I only worry about Weis stars.

Who cares what those guys think anyway! They always have been this way towards ND and they always will be. I guess all of Notre Dames recruits suck if you listen to them. Aldridge did move up though! Take it for what its worth. Have no fear gentleman I would put my trust and faith in Weis and his staff any day of the week over these idiots! Do you honestly think that Weis and his staff would have put so much time and effort into scouting and recruiting these guys if they could'nt play. These recruiting services are all bought and paid for.... trust me! If you want real recruiting information stay right where your at and get it off of this board!!! Its always going to be here first! Wenger commited to ND over a week ago and scout.com just ran the story on it!!!! Whats that tell you!

You know.....its also funny that Charlie makes some comments and slaps the recruiting services in the mouth and all of a sudden ND's boys start dropping like stones. Walls was rivals.coms number 1 rated cornerback until a couple days ago. What could have possibly happened in those couple days to make him drop to number 3??????

Guest SirJohn

:) I really believe what you Grayson said along with BG and Irishmac. If I forgot anyone just say so. :) Iget to the crunch of choosing a player.

Would I want some Rivals 'has been coach', Lemming or SI guy to decicide who I choose? Would I want a washed up coach shilling in a mag calling a play for me? I guess loss to Michigan state by 3 or not....I'd want Charley at my side........ "Well buddy it's up to you and me... then suddenly go 21 points to tie.

Gimmie that kind of guy even in a loss. :)

Guest SirJohn

Gryason, IrishLeopard all. I'm losing tack of who's ranked what by whom. :)

I was scanning the Notre Damed/Charlie Weis news this morning. The data base are all teasers till you clik the site. I saw one that said MOORE SAYS NO THANKS. and could see Weis named mentioned. It was by Rivals. I clicked it and of course it was just a larger teaser paraghraph and I could get no farther into the story with out a subscription.

Now I have no idea who Moore is or ranked where. The short teaser was just that a bit back, Charlie Weis visited the kids HS to speak with him but the kid wanted to go with Texas.

If you follow this it was more important news (heading wise) that one player says no to Weis then the mere little mention he is going to Texas. :D Whoever Moore is he can now say he turned weis down. :)

It is steve moore, he is an offensive guard from houston, rivals has him ranked at 30. I think this was just a way of trying to hit back at charlie's momentum, this kid is not nearly as good as the lineman we have, Texas can have him.

what really worries me is why would charlie be offering this guy, it seems to me the line is wrapped up as long as we have young in the bag, which I really felt like we did. But if Charlie was really going after this kid then maybe we do have an opening, but then why would Elidades talk about ND's class being full. This doesn't make much sense to me. Broker if you find any information, as you always do, or anyone else please let me know what u think

Guest SirJohn

Story was dated December 14th and says a week ago...... Link below but after the teaser it's locked. Why offer? Never occured to me till you brought it up JK. Good point. :)

My point was to get news space and drum up interest in whoever it is....The lead is Moore says No Thanks (to Weis) Otherwise, who cares if the kid goes to Texas, Kansa or whatever school.

ND and Charlie get PR with a even a no now. :)

http://insidecoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=491390